cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOVE_CAST_ERROR caused by locale setting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day all,

we are getting dump error for our application for a very limited number of users , the error is MOVE_CAST_ERROR, Exception CX_SY_MOVE_CAST_ERROR, I spent some time to try to find out the cause of these dumps but with no luck , I then found out that these dumps occur only for the users who have thier locale settings in the Windows with other than English as a language , it was giving the error when we choose Arabic ,

any Idea how to correct this

here is some of the error log

User and Transaction

Client.............. 900

User................ "SOLIMASH"

Language Key........ "A"

Transaction......... " "

Transactions ID..... "4BFA0F9173682D14E10000000AFE0439"

Program............. "CL_WDR_VIEW_ELEMENT_ADAPTER===CP"

Screen.............. "SAPMHTTP 0010"

Screen Line......... 2

Information on Caller ofr "HTTP" Connection:

Plug-in Type.......... "HTTP"

Caller IP............. "10.254.21.101"

Caller Port........... 8002

Universal Resource Id. "/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/zhr_ip_billing_wd//"

Information on where terminated

Termination occurred in the ABAP program "CL_WDR_VIEW_ELEMENT_ADAPTER===CP" -

in "IS_ATTRIBUTE_FORCE_LTR".

The main program was "SAPMHTTP ".

In the source code you have the termination point in line 8

of the (Include) program "CL_WDR_VIEW_ELEMENT_ADAPTER===CM01I".

The termination is caused because exception "CX_SY_MOVE_CAST_ERROR" occurred in

procedure "IS_ATTRIBUTE_FORCE_LTR" "(METHOD)", but it was neither handled

locally nor declared

in the RAISING clause of its signature.

The procedure is in program "CL_WDR_VIEW_ELEMENT_ADAPTER===CP "; its source

code begins in line

1 of the (Include program "CL_WDR_VIEW_ELEMENT_ADAPTER===CM01I ".

Source Code Extract

Line SourceCde

1 method IS_ATTRIBUTE_FORCE_LTR.

2 data l_attribute_info type wdr_context_attribute_info.

3 data l_elemdescr type ref to cl_abap_elemdescr.

4 data l_dfies type dfies.

6 l_attribute_info = get_attribute_info( binding ).

7 check l_attribute_info-rtti->is_ddic_type( ) = abap_true.

>>>>> l_elemdescr ?= l_attribute_info-rtti.

9 l_dfies = l_elemdescr->get_ddic_field( ).

10 ltr = l_dfies-ltrflddis.

11 endmethod.

Contents of system fields

Name Val.

SY-SUBRC 0

SY-INDEX 3

SY-TABIX 0

SY-DBCNT 0

SY-FDPOS 0

SY-LSIND 0

SY-PAGNO 0

SY-LINNO 1

SY-COLNO 1

SY-PFKEY

SY-UCOMM

SY-TITLE HTTP Control

SY-MSGTY S

SY-MSGID DH

SY-MSGNO 804

SY-MSGV1

SY-MSGV2

SY-MSGV3

SY-MSGV4

-

appreciate any help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Well IS_ATTRIBUTE_FORCE_LTR is an SAP method, so you either need to search the notes on Service Marketplace for a fix or open a support ticket.

It makes sense that this would only happen in Arabic (or Hebrew) since this is a check for LTR - Left To Right. Only Arabic and Hebrew are are Right to Left languages - therefore only these langauges would trigger this check to see if there is an attribute level check that would force back to LTR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Thomas ,

I did search and found this note 1410649 and implemented it , the error is gone , but the format and layout is missed up big time now , this is happining only if I'm accessing through portal , if it is launched directly from SE80 it works perfectly with no issues ..

any idea ?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If the rendering is fine standalone but broken in the portal, then is your portal at the same or greater release/enhancement package/support package level as the backen ABAP system? If not then the themes on the portal are too old to be used used with WDA. Refer to note 1446099.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think this is the case ,because it is just fine from the portal if the user is not setting the format to Arabic.

if it was because of the release then it will give the displaced alignment all the time regardless of the format ..

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Even if restricted to Arabic, it would seem that the themes would be the culprit. That is the only thing different in the rendering when running in the portal vs. backend directly. It seems like the themes in the ABAP backend are supporting Arabic fine while the ones stored on the portal are not. You might still try the procedure in the above note to force update the portal themes from the ABAP backend. You could also force the theme root to the backend theme. Or you could of course open a support ticket and let SAP support look at the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

still I don't think the portal installation or EHP is causing this , because it will affect the application on both cases , if arabic is set or if it isnot.

currently it is working fine if it is not set to arabic while it is missed up when it is Arabic , I think maybe the theme that the portal is looking up for in both case is different and the one which is being displayed one it is set to arabic is not the same / configure like the normal one ,

I need to check with out protal admin , and may be install http analyzer to check the retraived css file to confirm this ,,,

will let you know