cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro based application with workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are developing one portal using Webdynpro (Java). It involves workflow.This application will be accessed using EP.

The way we have SAP workflow engine, do we have something similar in J2EE 6.40 ?

Even if I have to develop the workflow ,do I have to develop the inbox in the portal to access the workitems ?

I want to populate the work item in the universal worklist. Is it possible by any chance ?

Please suggest me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sameer.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sameer,

I am faced with similar requirements, and have the same questions as you have raised. Have you find the answers, and if so, can you share ? Thanks.

Regards

Kir Chern

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kim/Sameer,

To use workflow in webdynpro application you can make use of the SAP workflow engine. For that you need to do following steps

i) create a workflow in SAP R/3

ii) Create a function module in R/3 which triggers this workflow

iii) Import the function module created in step ii) as model in webdynpro application

iv) In your webdynpro application invoke the function module on an event(e.g when user submits a document)

Hope this helps

Regards,

Ravi

vijy_mukunthan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

You can do this way.

1) Create a workflow in R/3 or ECC.

2) For which screen you need to send the workitem register the task in SWFVISU.

3) The workitem will come to your UNIVERSIAL WORKLIST.

The 2) and 3) Its the work of EP consultant. To get the workitem in the UWL you have to configure portal side.

Regards

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you already tried the UWL iviews?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

im afreid that you have to use R3 workflow engine (J2EE server have no similiar engine). I suppose you have to implement your own Inbox (webdynpro with similiar to Inbocx functionality). You can access R3 workflow engine with SAP_WAPI* functions.

I hope that it help a little.

Regards

Bogdan