cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPM RFC Login issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to configure SPM with SP 7.0. I have defined the RFC as an ABAP connection in the same way as all other versions but when I try to invoke an FFID, the user login screen is presented with the User's ID not the FFID.

I have checked the RFC destination and the target is correct, the user details and password are not populated, the logon screen box is not checked.

Any ideas why the FFID is not being called by the RFC?

Simon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Simon,

I could not understand exactly the problem. Do you mean that when you click on Login button on FF dashboard for any FFid you again see the logon screen? If yes, then what is the support package for SPM that you have got? Is the SAP system a CUA system? If above is correct then you may want to look at "SAP Note 1319031 - Unable to log on to FF/SPM dashboard after applying SP's"

After SP07 for SPM 5.3 the password for FFid is no longer stored in the Security tab. System is changed to automatically pick the password of FFid defined in SU01. However, in case you have CUA then the problem of additional login screen coming up comes. Please check this Note and make the changes as mentioned. Basically, if you are using a Trusted connection in CUA then the trusted connection user should have these authorizations and if you are using RFC based then the user id should have these.

I Hope it helps. In case i am wrong above with my assumptions then kindly do correct me there.

Regards, varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

You are absolutely correct as I found this note last night in the interim period after posting the initial question.

I'm going to have to request the associated changes to the user groups and the Firefighter user role now which is going to be Fun!

Cheers,

Simon

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Guys, It looks like this is a problem with SP7 specifically. Appartely the CUA password configuration must be set to "everywhere" otherwise it doesn't work. This is fixed in SP8 by the sounds of it.

Cheers,

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Even with all users having the S_USER_GRP authorisations as detailed in note 1319031 and all users unlocked, I am still getting the same login screen and connectivity issue. No useful error messages are resulting from any RFC or Authorisation traces and the RFC is setup correctly.

Any further assistance would be gratefully received.

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, Tried to implement the authorisation assignment as directed by the SAP note but the issue still remains.

Presently the FFID and the FF user have the authorisation for S_USER_GRP as defined in the Note.

The RFC user assigned to the CUA system also has this authorisation.

Any further suggestions?

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simon,

What kind of connection is your CUA? Trusted or the RFC one?

Regards, Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Varun,

It appears that my User admin team should shoulder the blame for this. They said that the password reset was complete and the CUA sync done correctly! It seems that the issue was actually that the password was incorrect and the user was therefore locked!

Simply unlocking the user appears to fix the problem without the need for adding the additional authorisations.

Cheers anyway!

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Simon,

No problem! I myself have been struggling with my connector user getting locked after sometime..

Cheers, Varun

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you entered FF user id and password in security tab in transaction /virsa/vfat ?

Thanks

Sunny