cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Universal Installer no started before error remote PC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys.

I'm performance the installation Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1 on plataform AIX 6.1 and Oracle 10.2.0.4. I'm doing the installation remotely, and I'm in step installation of Oracle patch 10.2.0.4. according to the steps in the readme file.

But when I was in the path of execution of the OUI, the Summary screen by start the installation, my remote PC problems light went out.

When I try to rerun the installation of the patch by the OUI fails me and not started the Oracle Universal Installer.

I'm checking the installActions2010-05-25_11-36-48AM.log, but only show me the following:

Using paramFile: /instaladores/patch/Disk1/install/oraparam.ini

Checking installer requirements...

Checking operating system version: must be 5200, 5300 or 6100

Failed <<<<

Exiting Oracle Universal Installer, log for this session can be found at /tmp/OraInstall2010-05-25_11-36-48AM/installActions2010-05-25_11-36-48AM.log

How can start the Oracle Universal Installer again ????????

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please read

Note 980426 - Oracle 10.2 Software installation on new operating systems

Markus

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Checking operating system version: must be 5200, 5300 or 6100

Failed <<<<

Please check if oraparam.ini (in Disk1/install directory) file has your OS version (AIX 6.1) as certified version...

If not add the below line in "Certified Versions" section.

AIX=6.1.0.0

It should look similar as below:

[Certified Versions]
#You can customise error message shown for failure through CERTIFIED_VERSION_FAILURE_MESSAGE
Solaris=5.6,5.7,5.8,5.9
Linux=redhat-2.1AS
HPUX=B.11.23,B.11.31
Decunix=V5.1A,V5.1
AIX=6.1.0.0

then try again to execute ./RUNINSTALLER

regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys.

Sorry for the delay to respond. I resolved the error to start the Oracle Universal Installer, the case was before the failure of the light, I apply the SAP OSS note Note 1380818 - Installer detects Oracle Java Process Running on ORACLE_HOME, in the case of renaming the user fuser. What I did was to reverse this change and returned to run the Oracle Universal Installer without problems.

Thanks for your help everyone.

Regards,

Desiré

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are on AIX 6.1 and yet your OUI is failing in OS version check! Please confirm that all the required filesets on AIX 6.1 are installed and committed as per installation guide.

You can rerun the OUI by calling runInstaller from the installation directory..

regards,

Anup