cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC destination of Type-3 - ABAP Connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

i have created a RFC destination of type 3 . im using this destination in IDX1 to create IDOC port . Connection test is fine .Didnt specify any Login Crendtials in login and Security . i'm not able to import IDOC metadeta in IDX2 beacuse of this . is there any service user or communication user , which i should provide here or i can provide and my SRM system USERID and Pwd . Providing a dialog userid and pwd , will it impact later ???

please suggest any role or user which need s to be used .. or we can use any id and import the metadata ...

with regards,

Nazeer

Edited by: nazeer_leo on May 25, 2010 5:41 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I'm Creating a RFC destination in XI system to connect to SRM system . i need to specfiy a SRM user and Pwd rite ?? i checked in SRM system CPIC user is not existing . can you please specify the roles of this user . since i'm doing in prod system . dont want mess up with the user .

i have few questions in my mind...

1. please let me know any standard user , which shld be provided here and it shld not create any security issues or impact later .

2. if we provide my SRM userid and pwd .. will it impact the sending \ recieving IDOCs , if my UserID get locked or removed .

3. connection test is working fine rite , y cant import the metadata and remove the USER and pwd set in Login and security .

Incase of any change idoc , we may have to delete the metadata and recreate it again , at that time , we can provide the userId and pwd again. do we need a remote logon also to work successfully for sending IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

you have to provide the SRM user and pwd in XI..for idoc metadata import..

1. Ask basis to create one dedicated user for this purpose itself( basis should aware of the roles required for this...so that you will not any problems in the future for this...like lock/pwd cahnge....or ask him to create a user similar to your profile but not a dialog one)

2. Definitely it will impact if you use your user id and pwd and that has got locked or pwd change..

3. connection is required during runtime as this connection is used for sending/receiving the idocs ..i.e connection is used not only for metadata import but also for sending n receivng the data..

if there is any change in idoc metadata you need to explicitly delete the metadata and need to reload the same..

Hope this answers all your queries

HTH

Rajesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member223322
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Providing your dialog userid and pwd in the RFC destination is not recommended. Check with your security team and get the PIAPPLUSER username created with the same roles and try to use it. However for time being you can maintain your user id setting in the RFC destination and can import the metadata in to XI.

~Vaas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use any id for importing the metadata...it is better if you use CPIC user so that it will not allow any other persons to login into the target system and do some operations over there...

user should have sufficient privileges for the same...you can crosscheck by importing the metadata using idx2 in PI...

HTH

Rajesh