SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commitment vs. Consumption for a PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our scenario: ECC 6, Update profile 102, SRM 7.0., FY - July through June, AVC - warnings only (no errors)

We are creating future dated POs, i.e., the commitment will be created in the next fiscal year based on delivery date on the PO (override update profile for PO). For a small group of POs within this, there is a requirement that a part of the consumption for the blanket PO will take place in the current fiscal year.

For example:

Create a PO today with a delivery date of 08/01/2010 for $100k - this creates a commitment for 100k in the next fiscal year (period 2, FY 2011). Let us say in June an invoice is received and posted for 5000, then budget consumption happens in June (Period12, FY 2010).

This will cause a mismatch between the commitment and the budget consumption. Is there a way to fix this? Are there any user exits / badi that we can use to customize this requirement?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe, Mar already answered on this:

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks for your reply.

That reply from Mar refers to exit EXIT_SAPLFMFA_004 - but this is useful only when PBET is activated (which it isnt in our case). Is there any other way to either split the commitment by posting period or determine when the consumption will take place?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mar, Eli or Minghong,

Please answer the question below if you can. It is related to the issue mentioned above, but is a slightly different question.

I am trying to understand how commitment and actuals are posted for a future dated PO. We have an override (of the update profile) in place for purchase orders, where in the delivery date is used for updating in FM.

So if i have a PO created with a delivery date of 9/1/2010, then the commitment is created in Sept 2010 (FM posting date as seen from the PO is in 9/2010). The budget consumption and actuals/commitment report match this - i.e., if i run the PO for FY10, this PO does not show up, but if I run the report for FY11, then the PO does show up in the report. So far so good.

a) When I post an invoice to the above PO in the current posting period and when I view the follow on funds management document, it shows the PO as being posted in the current period (May 2010).

b) However when I view the commitment (Environment -> AC commitment documents), the reduction is shown, but the FM posting date is blank.

c) Finally, when I look up the budget consumption report, commitments/actuals and FMAVCR01 reports, i can see the actual showing up only in the next fiscal year reports. Again, for the current fiscal year (the invoice posting date) in FM reports, I cannot see the actual posting.

Why is the data different between the FM reports and the funds management document (as seen from the invoice)? Is the invoice consuming the budget from the current period or in the future period? Can you please explain?

Thanks in advance,

PSM

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe, you are a bit confused with the dates; let me try to explain how it basically should work:

a) when you create PO, the commitment is posted with FM date which you have estbalished in your profile (in your case - it's delivery date)

b) since you don't have PBET, you can consume your commitment in a different year from the commitment itself (with PBET it's not possible). Therefore, it's possible to have an invoice in 2010 on the commitment(PO) of 2011. In FM tables, you will see new entry in FMIFIIT table for the invoice with the relevant FM date (in 2010) and in FMIOI table you will see reduction of the commitment.

c) in your AVC report you should see the actuals in the relevant year (in your case 2010). The consumption of the budget should be from the year of the FM posting date. You can try running FMAVCREINIT report if you think that your AVC ledger is not showing the right figures.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eli. That surely helped.

One follow up question - In your reply you stated that "since you don't have PBET, you can consume your commitment in a different year from the commitment itself (with PBET it's not possible)." Does this mean we can make the system consume the commitment in the same period of the commitment (when PBET is not activated)? If so how?

Thanks again,

PSM

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What I meant is when PBET is active, the years of commitment and the follow-on document (GR, IR) in FM should be the same. Otherwise, the system will not allow the posting. When PBET is not active, the years could differ.

Regards,

Eli