Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDM Rollback

Lorand
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi colleagues,

I have the problem that by distributing a Business Role with a Privilege User to ABAP, if the system is down, the provisoning jobs is giving a failure, but in the IDM UI the assignment of the Business Role is shown as ok, which is wrong. So my question will be:

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lorand,

Have you thought of utilizing the error handling functionality? If you are specifically concerned about provisioning task failures, you could set a task that assigns a (trigger) attribute to the user profile. Set the attribute to expire, and set the failed provisioning task to run 'on delete'. This will create a provisioning loop until the task completes successfully for that user.

Regards,

Nathan

Lorand
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi colleagues,

I have the problem that by distributing a Business Role with a Privilege User to ABAP, if the system is down, the provisoning jobs is giving a failure, but in the IDM UI the assignment of the Business Role is shown as ok, which is wrong. So my question will be:

- Is there a possibility a to do a Rollback fo this provisoning, in order that we don't have the inconsiteny between ABAp and UI

- Is there a way to change the status displayed by the assigned business Role rom OK--> Error and provide a failure message to the UI.

Thanks,

Lorand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There are some thoughts about Rollbacks discussed in this Blog. Maybe it helps you get started.

/people/kai.ullrich/blog/2010/05/06/my-concerns-with-the-sap-provisioning-framework

With a OnTaskFail-Task you could set the Provisioning Status to any allowed value, e.g. Error. But I don't think its recommended (direct SQL-Update) and I think no-one knows where this could lead to.

BR

Michael

Lorand
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

The link is very helpfull, but getting the Users which are not distributed I am doing it with Audit flags. So every time a user is not getting distributed this Audit flag will be set for the user.

But then again I can get the list of undistributed Users,inform the administrator, but for the end User I am missing the part where in the UI I either can rollback the assignment to the Business role. Also I cannot modify the Status of the assignment from OK --> In process.

Thanks,

Lorand