cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UME Permissions for Manage Deletion functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on SP 11, I need to add this functionality to my access in the UME but I cannot find the role that contains it. Could someone direct me as to what I need to add to my access to give myself the following UME Permissions?

UME Permissions:

Two new UME permissions have been created for this functionality:

1. ManageDeletionSystemRules for Delete Systems

2. ManageDeletionAllRules for Delete All Rules

Thanks,

Jessica

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jessica,

Since these UME permissions were delivered as part of SP10 you would have to download the UME roles files delivered with SP10 and upload them into the UME. After that you would have to search for these permissions in UME and assign them to the roles which are assigned to you. You will need to download the file named "VIRACCNTNT10_0-*.SAR" from SAP Service Market Place and then un-CAR it to extract the folder containing UME permissions. There will be 3 text files containing UME permissions for RAR, CUP and ERM. Import these permissions in UME and then assign them to the role assigned to you in UME.

Regards, Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jessica,

Unless you want to update the roles directly with permission, you should have these UME permissions loaded with SP11. Java support packs are cumulative so if you directly upgrade to SP11, you don't have to go back and load SP10 files. Go to UME and search for a role. Click to modify the role and search for these particular actions from the available actions screen.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ALL,

I am also facing a similar problem.

I want to create a role to manage the following.

"DeleteAlert - Permssion to delete alerts

" "Alert Monitor

"

"DeleteBP- Permission to delete business processes

" "Rule Architect

"

"DeleteBUnit - Permission to delete a business unit

" "Mitigation

"

"DeleteCrActions - Permission to delete critical actions

" "Rule Architect

"

"DeleteCrProfiles - Permission to delete critical profiles

" "Rule Architect

"

"DeleteCrRoles - Permission to delete critical roles

" "Rule Architect

"

"DeleteFunction - Permission to delete functions

" "Rule Architect

"

"DeleteMitCntl - Permission to delete a mitigating control

" "Mitigation"

I know that the above deletion permissions exist in Role VIRSA_CC_ADMINISTRATOR ROLE. But please note that this role contains many other activities, which I do not want to be included in my role.

Is there a way to create a role, (from VIRSA_CC_ADMINISTRATOR ROLE.), with only the above delete function activities?

Thanks,

Haleem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Haleem,

You can create a new role in UME by including only the Delete permissions in it. In UME only you have click on Create role button , provide its detail and include the delete permissions in it. After that you can assign the same to yourself.

Regards, Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Varun.

It worked for me. Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your information. We have uploaded the SP 11 roles back into the system and I now have that Manage deletion functionality.

Jessica

Answers (0)