Participant
0 Kudos

Hello folks,

We have database backup as per below schedule

May2--Full

May9--Cumulative or incremental backup

May15-Cumulative or incremental backup

May20-Full

Now we want to restore the database till May9. So as per my knowledge we are going to take the Full backup of May2 + the incremental backup of dated May9. But when I have contacted my UNIX team they ask me which file to restore.They want to me to specify the name of that perticuler file. Could you please guide / hint me which file they requires

Landscape:-

Database -Oracle

OS - Solaris

Let me know if you requires any further details.

Thank You.

Jitu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I recomend you to use BRRECOVER rather than BRRESTORE... its a bit more friendly.

Read the documentation.

Regards

Juan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

But when I have contacted my UNIX team they ask me which file to restore.They want to me to specify the name of that perticuler file. Could you please guide / hint me which file they requires

This is a database backup and it has to be all the file from the backup tape.

What tool you used to take the backup.

Please read the blog below for BR* tools functions(BRRECOVER).

Link: [http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/11103] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now we want to restore the database till May9.

To restore the system till the status as on May 9th, You need to restore Full backup of May 2nd and then Incremental Backup of May 9th.

You need to restore COMPLETE backup (all datafiles, redo logs, archive logs etc.) and then restore COMPLETE incremetal backup same as Full backup.

You can identify the datafiles by the corresponding backup log (from /oracle/<SID>/sapbackup)

Also use "brrestore" to restore the backup.

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede