Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

division problem

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Q: Where does division 10 come from? Why? U know, division 10 is not set for material 001.

Problem: When creating OR, sales order header division shows 20 while item division shows 10.

Record of my testing steps:

1. VA01, enter sales org. 1001, distribution channel 10, division 20, and customer ABC, order header division shows 20

2. then enter material 001, item division shows 10, header division keeps 20.

ps.

Material 001 - sales org. 1001, distribution channel 10, division 20

Customer ABC - sales org. 1001, distribuiton channel 10, division 10, 20

sales order type OR - sales org. 1001, distribution channel 10, division 10, 20

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear Cathy

the division of the material comes from the material master.if the material is assigned to division 20 then although you assgin the customer in division 10 in the order level it will flow from the material.

another one way is there... extend the customer to division 20. then the problem will be solved.

thank you

shabbir

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi the experts,

Let me clarify further. The division in material master 001 is 20 as well as in customer master. When creating OR, division 20 is selected. However, item division in OR shows 10 while header division keeps 20 as long as entering the material 001.

Actually, no matter "item division" in VOV8 is checked or not, the result keeps as above. Why? Plz advise. U know, according to the explanation of the filed "item division" in VOV8, item division in OR shouls show 20.

"item division" in VOV8 (F1):

Division in sales order item comes from the material

Indicates whether the division at the item level is proposed from the material master record of the item or whether the division you enter in the sales document header also counts for all items.

Procedure

If you mark this field, the system proposes the division from the material master record of the item. If you leave the field blank, the division in the document header also counts for all items.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you maintained the field "Check division" in VOV8. Kindly maintain as "1" and see what is the message you get while creating the sales order.

Please post the feedback in the forum.

Regards,

Krishna O

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear

Please checking in T-Code VOR1 whether or not there is reference distribution channel for CMR and MMR

Hope that wiil help you

Regards

Jeffrey

Edited by: jeffrey9902 on May 26, 2010 2:26 PM

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi the experts,

If marking "Check division" in VOV8, the system indicates the different division between header level and item in sales order. There's no reference distribution channel or division.

Plz help further.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cathy,

Can you check the reff division in VOR2 ( Define Common Divisions) in IMG >SD->Master data.

Reference division for conditions:Specifies a division where you can define conditions and share them with other divisions

Also check inTable TVKOS, where we can specify one division as the source of master data for other divisions.

Please revert back with your feedback.

Hope this will help you!!!

If not than will suggest you to take help of abaper and debugg and see from where system is picking up the division for the material in SO

Regards,

Krishna O

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cathy,

While creating the Order in VA01..enter the Order type OR and the sales area 1000/10/10 and enter.

Then enter the Customer and the material and check the status now.

Actually in your scenario by default system is prompting division 20 from the customer master. Kindly try as per my instructions above and let me know the status..

I hope it will helpful..

If it doesn't work out then kindly do the modifications below:

Pls activate the item division in Order type OR and maintain the Check division as 02 ( Error message ). It controlsif the item divisions differs from the header division then it will give the error message.

Kindly let me know the sttatus..so that we can investigate further...

Regards,

SK

Edited by: Mastan Shaik on May 27, 2010 7:36 AM

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi the experts,

Again, many thanks for all your valuable advice. After double checking, I found it's caused by the error of screen variant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cathy,

Please follow the below step and your problem will be solved.

The division in material is coming from material master ( Sales ord data 1 ). Check the division if you have maintained.

Secondly in the VOV8 for the order type OR maintain check division field in general data-for item division.

Header division is coming from the data ou have enter in va01 and the cust is maintained for the same

Hope this will resolve your issue.

Regards

Krishna O

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Cathy,

I cannot guess why is the Division for the Line Item taken as 10.

But a solution for this would be in your case in VOV8, under General Control there would be a tick mark in Item Division Check Box.

Please remove this Tick Mark & try creating Sales Order.

Hope this helps...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta