cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIzing of Cache server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have a case wherein, different location will be accessing ( over WAN ) the documents stored at central location. As per SAP document, we should go for cache server at every location to avoid heavy network traffic.

1. What is the sizing critecium for cache server. The document available at OSS mentions about sizing parameters for sizing of content server but no parameters available for cache server.

2. Is there any thumb rule for cacheserversizing if we have sizing details for content server.

THanks.

Regards,

Shamish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shamish,

See if the below thread on similar subject helps

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeepkumar,

Thanks for the link. The note 351647 is helpful. But I am confused with the terminology 'memory' that they have used.

Does it mean a RAM calculation when they say memory ( in this note )? My understanding is that, devspase is the database size.

So, suppose, my content server database size is 800 GB; and there are 4 locations contributing 200 GB each.

Then does it mean that the database size on cache server should be 70% of 800 GB, i.e. 560 GB?

Could you please provide your valuable inputs on this?

Thanks.

Regards,

Shamish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. The term 'memory' is in reference to RAM. Further, its 70% of 200GB(cache server capacity for each location). Hope this helps.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar