cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run mobile web dynpro application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm using NetWeaver Developer Studio for Mobile SP03.

I create a mobile application for handhelds including 2 components:

- Mobile Application.

- Mobile UI Component (web dynpro component).

I do follow the tutorial for creating the application. I can deploy and run the application on NWDS handheld emulator successfully.

When I deploy it on my SAP Application server to test the web dynpro UI application via a web browser, it throws out a java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: the class <package name>/Internal<Application Name>Comp.class cannot be found by WD framework when I access it. It can be deployed without error and is alive in the web dynpro content admin.

I found that the normal WD component the class Internal<Application Name>Comp is generated during the building process but it is not when developing mobile UI component.

Can anyone tell me there is any difference between the two WD component types? Does my server need to install any extra component for running mobile UI component? Or do I need to configure my NWDS for Mobile to make the application work on SAP server?

Thank you very much,

Steven Linh Nguyen.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Mobile webdynpro application for handheld cannot be deployed on SAP AS.

To use the Mobile webdynpro application for handhelds follow the steps:

1. Upload sda files of all DCs to the DOE server (Transaction SDOE_UPLOAD_ARCHIVE) which will be availabe at the location

<workspace.jdi>\LocalDevelopment\DCs\demo.sap.com\<DC>\_comp\gen\default\deploy

2. Install the simulator on laptop or client on PDA

3. Deploy uploaded MCDS(from step1) to the client, after the device registration.

Thanks and Regards,

Suma

0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

The Mobile UI component will not work on SAP AS server.

There is no component which can be installed there

If you want to test the UI, you can copy the code to new WD DC and than use it.

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi

Edited by: Abhishek Joshi on Jul 26, 2010 10:28 AM