cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exceptions in Proxies, how ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In a Server proxy scenario I have created a fault message type lets say Error1. In my Server Proxy code I raise this exception Error1 based on a certain criteria e.g. if value = 0.

This will result in the message in the message monitor SXMB_MONI on the ECC server to go into an error state.

I would like to raise an alert on this so I create an Alert category in the ECC system. my problem is now that in ECC I cannot create an alert rule for the alert category. I am thinking of two possible options:

1. Raise the alert through the ABAP API which can be done of course. This is not really my favourity option as this would need to be done in all Server Proxies and what about standerd content e.g. in BCM (Bank communication Manager) in SAP.

2. Through configuration of SALRT1 I think it might be possible to create the Alert categories in ECC and then the corresponding rules in PI. I tried this by setting the RFC destination in ECC to the PI system and then attempted to run RSALERTTEST in PI but the categories in ECC did not display. This makes me doubt this is a possible solution. Any guidance on this ?

Any advise or standard approach to alerting in ECC ?

Thanks

Andrzej

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I tried this by setting the RFC destination in ECC to the PI system and then attempted to run RSALERTTEST in PI but the 
categories in ECC did not display

The alert categories are separately mainatined for SAP PI and SAP ECC.....they are not linked together.....may be you can try posting the question on ABAP forum.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrzej,

Better to post this in ABAP forum.

According to my knowledge in the catch block call the below function module.

Use the function module 'SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_ATT_SEND_API1'

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys .. I don't think this is an ABAP question .. I know I can do it through ABAP FM API to raise an Alert .... SALERT_CREATE or SALERT_CREATE_LOCAL

In a nutshell what I want to know is how can I create an Alert rule in ECC for a category created in ECC just like I can do in PI.

Ideally I caould do this in RWB in PI ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrzej,

call the proxy in the try, catch block and capture the exception and use funcation module to send an email for the members in the delivery list or individual mail id.

function modules is 'SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_ATT_SEND_API1'

In the catch block call the above function module

CALL FUNCTION 'SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_ATT_SEND_API1'

EXPORTING

DOCUMENT_DATA = GD_DOC_DATA

PUT_IN_OUTBOX = 'X'

IMPORTING

SENT_TO_ALL = GD_SENT_ALL

TABLES

PACKING_LIST = IT_PACKING_LIST

CONTENTS_TXT = IT_MESSAGE

RECEIVERS = IT_RECEIVERS

EXCEPTIONS

TOO_MANY_RECEIVERS = 1

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkataramesh

Thanks for the reply ..

I know how to do this (or something similar) through coding. What I want to achieve is the same through configuration.

Catete an Alert Category:

ECC_ERROR_CAT

and then defne a rule applying to all Service interfaces that will raise an alert based on an error status in SXMB_MONI in the ECC system.

Thanks

Andrzej

former_member223322
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You just configure the alerts in SAP PI and then you point the 'RFC destination of alert server' in ECC ALRTCATDEF to your PI destination. Then using the FM SALRT_CREATE_API you can trigger the alerts from the proxy in ECC. This would call the respective alert category in PI and would trigger the alerts. I believe the RSALERTTEST program would just display the alert categories created in the local system.

~Vaas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrzej,

> I know how to do this (or something similar) through coding. What I want to achieve is the same through configuration.

>

> Catete an Alert Category:

According to my knowledge that option is not possible or not there in the ABAP. Those configuraiton steps is possible only in the PI server.

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrzej,

Did you finally got an answer to this question? I'm trying to achieve the same but struggle as well.

Thanks,

Philippe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to configure the alerts for fault message types in PI.

As per the optins you had mentioned, you may either raise the alerts via ECC or send the fault messages to PI and PI will raise alert notification based on fault message type.

Fault messages are more of catching Application Errors and sending it back to client. thus you can easily handle it in PI rather than in ECC having server proxy.

thanks

Swarup