cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restore some tablespaces not full database

0 Kudos

I backup by brbackup and I would like to know how to restore only some tablespaces not full database because my database mcod 2 SAP systems

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This could be done by a Oracle tool known as Data Pump, we did this very recently.

Check out this link:

http://wiki.oracle.com/page/DataPumpExport%28expdp%29andDataPump+Import%28impdp%29

Regards,

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you please go through the below link. Hope this helps you in some way.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/0d/d3077b4a0c11d182b80000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Nick S

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, this is not possible.. Theoretically you could restore only the datafiles on a certain tablespace, but this will not provide you a consistent restore.

Kind regards,

Mark

volker_borowski2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> No, this is not possible.. Theoretically you could restore only the datafiles on a certain tablespace, but this will not provide you a consistent restore.

>

> Mark

Hi,

It is possible, at least, if you are on current versions of Oracle and brtools.

The feature is called tablespace-point-in-time-recovery and is fully integrated

in brtools and was esp. developed for this situation in MCOD environement.

Allthough I never used it since yet, the procedure uses oracles feature of

"transportable tablespace". Basicly it goes like this:

- Do TS-Export of remaining and intact TS (named TS_OK)

- Restore system / sysaux / undo and TS that needs to be reset (named TS_N_OK)

- Set datafiles of TS_OK in recovered SYSTEM TS offline, so they are not recoverd and datafile kept untouched

- Do recovery of TS_N_OK

- DROP TS_OK (means just kick them out of SYSTEM Dictionary, but do not touch the datafiles)

- OPEN RESETLOGS the DB

- Do TS import for TS_OK, so they are re-attached to the system

Again: with TS-export / TS-import, I am refering to the transportable-tablespace-feature, not a common tabledata exp/imp!

This is an extension from the feature that brtools use to "reorganize" the SYSTEM TS,

from dictionary managed to LMTS. There are some SAP-notes on

this procedure in more detail. I recommend to read them carefully before using this feature.

In addition I'd recommend to validate this in training environment before, because

I have my doubts, that all features do really work without some trouble.

I took part in a DB Migration that did use this transportable tablespace feature, and

at least there was some trouble (i.e. the views needed to be re-created in addition),

so be sure to validate what needs to be done.

Good luck if you go for it (and let us know how it did work out, to be honest, I am pretty curious about it)

Volker

Links found:

BRRECOVER -tsp = tablespace-point-in-time-recovery

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/ea/477cb1ceb7ee48912eec162bbe82d9/content.htm

Note 605062 - FAQ: Restore und Recovery

Edited by: Volker Borowski on May 25, 2010 12:05 PM

Edited by: Volker Borowski on May 25, 2010 12:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transportable tablespaces is the best option here . But the first and most important thing to look into is

Whether this tablespace is self contained .

Which means there should not be a situation where say table1 exists in the said tablespace but the table is partitioned and some partitions exists in a different tablespace. Make sure before u do this u are not in such situation.

Regards

Kausik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did not understand your requirement. Is your current DB corrupted? Or are you building up a new system?

regards,

anup

0 Kudos

Hi,

I ask in case of MCOD database oracle e.g. SAP CRM and SAP BW is MCOD in one database oracle and these are seperate datafiles for each tablespaces. If in case of SAP BW data lost and need to be restored but SAP CRM data not lost so I would not like to restore whole database. I would like to restore only tablespace of SAPBW. Is it possible?