cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interactive Form in wD abap - SPFDOCPARAMS `?

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

hi folks,

we use adobe interactive forms that are processed inside a webdynpro abap application, shown on the screen. we want to show them in another language than in the logon-language, but how can we pass spfdocparams here, as it is not part of the node?

standard-forms we call with the generated function-module where we can pass this parameter, but how to deal in a webdynpo abap application.

best regards,

oliver

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RalfRuth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

That's not possible with Web Dynpro ABAP.

Could you explain the use case in more detail?

Ralf

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

we have a wd abap applications.

there we show and then print forms, depending on the language a user selects. e.g. user A has sys-language DE but prints forms in language IT, FR etc.

and the smartest way to integration adobe is via the interactive-form UI - i cannot understand why the paramete spfdocparams which is supported in normal adobe-form processing is not supported here????

best regards oliver

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My knowledge about WD ABAP + Adobe is limited and cannot tell anything about the language. But, if your problem is with the print form only, then it is easy to resolve this. how:

1) on Wd screen place a drop down (not adobe, just WD drop down with languages)

2) place there a button, the button will trigger the print

3) on button click generate the form using the standard printing program (no Wd integration)

4) of course use GETPDF = 'X' and pass the language selected from drop down to the printing program

5) you will get the data stream of the PDF data

6) "paste" the data stream into a WD container, where a print form (not interactive!!) in selected language will be shown.

Should be easy to implement, hope that helps,

regards Otto

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Otto,

thanks and in fact i know this solution, but i thought there would be a trick to use it via the interactive UI , as the piece of software has the ability to show in differnt languages, but still not supported i guess.

i also made a oss-ticket, maybe i get an answer for that missing functionality.

best regards oliver

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hopefully we can ask here: https://ideas.sap.com/index.jspa (one day). Otto

RalfRuth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

A tiny improvement of Otto's solution:

replace 6) by

6) assign the PDF to a Context Attribute of type XSTRING (named "PDFSOURCE"?)

7) bind this Context Attribute to the property "pdfSource" of an interactiveForm UI element

😎 do not set the properties "dataSource" and "templateSource" of the interactiveForm UI element

9) set property "enabled" of the interactiveForm UI element to "abap_false"

Note: This is a workaround for print forms only. Never ever try to assign an interactive form for this properties combination!

Ralf

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That was exactly what I wanted, but I am not good in WD to describe it this way. Thank you Ralf, will be helpful for me in the future as well (memorable thread:)) Have a nice day, Otto

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

thx a lot i will try this today as i have seen in cprojects-application sap does it in mostly the same way g

have a nice day

oliver

Answers (0)