cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to call RFC with BDC program from SAP PI ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to develop SAP XI scenario WS -

> RFC to replace current interface using webMethods SAP Adapter. The current webMethods Adapter Setting using [Use SAPGUI] = 1 option. So every time call establish connection to SAP this adapter always make use SAP GUI in order to call the RFC.

Without this option the RFC always failed with error "Control Framework: Fatal error - GUI cannot be reached". Because this RFC program actually is a BDC program to calling customized dialog screen.

How to implement this scenario with SAP PI ? Because i didn't see any option to use SAP GUI in RFC Adapter ?

or can i use ABAP Proxy ? The SAP system still using 4.7 version.

Please advise for the solution.

Thank You and Regards

Fernand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> How to implement this scenario with SAP PI ? Because i didn't see any option to use SAP GUI in RFC Adapter ?

> or can i use ABAP Proxy ? The SAP system still using 4.7 version.

You can use ABAP proxies in 4.7, but I do not know if this will solve your issue.

I think you have to rewrite the RFC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

I think you are right. Because eventhough i will use ABAP Proxy to call this RFC this process still consider background job and doesn't involve any GUI component.

as stated in sap notes 311440

1. Frontend controls are generally not capable of batch input. Therefore the batch input recorder does not record any data for them and they cannot be supplied with data or actions during a BI session run.

2. Frontend controls cannot be accessed from a background process because it does not have an active SAPGUI connection. If such a communication is attempted by the application nevertheless, an exception condition is triggered by the control framework which causes a termination if it is not caught by the application.

The question that is usually asked in practice is "Can I operate a transaction in batch input if it uses frontend controls?"

o Although the batch input cannot run actions on controls, this does not necessarily mean that you can no longer run a transaction via batch input. This would only be the case if the controls were absolutely necessary for navigating in the transaction. A particular transaction can include several simultaneous actions that can be executed via batch input and some that cannot be executed this way at all.

o One particular problem associated with this is that batch input can allow a transaction to run in the background. In this case, the application must ensure that no controls are created and used, in order to enable batch input.

I think i need to re-write the RFC program. What is your opinion ?

Thank You and Regards

Fernand.

Answers (0)