cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC error

0 Kudos

Hi,

We have one RFC destination [VERTEX] defined on host [TTCSAP05-10.133.12.6] with program[/opt/vertex/translnk/verrfc.csh.sh] which executes one executable file on system. But This RFC is not working and coming with an error as below.

*Error Details timeout during allocate / CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPCMRCV' : cmRc=20 thRc=456 Timeout dur*

*Error Details ERROR: timeout during allocate*

*Error Details LOCATION: SAP-Gateway on host ttcsap05 / sapgw15*

*Error Details DETAIL: no connect of TP /opt/vertex/translnk/verrfc.csh.sh from host ttcsap05*

*Error Details COMPONENT: SAP-Gateway*

*Error Details COUNTER: 14046*

*Error Details MODULE: gwr3cpic.c*

*Error Details LINE: 6266*

*Error Details RETURN CODE: 242*

*Error Details SUBRC: 0*

*Error Details RELEASE: 700*

*Error Details TIME: Mon May 24 23:33:49 2010*

*Error Details VERSION: 2*

We are usin ECC 6.0 on HP/UX with oracle 10.2 database

Could you help me to resolve this error.

Regards

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Is your verrfc translink software & the SAP application on the same server? And, I believe this is a TCP/IP RFC connection in that case which option are you using - "Start of Application Server" or "Registered Server Program"?

- Regards, Dibya

0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes both verrfc and SAP on same system and I am using "start on explicit Host" option.

Same RFC is working on other systems(DEV and PRD).

Let me know if you need more info

Regards

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information. Try this:

1. Change the connection to "registered server option" & enter a Program-ID such as "VERTEX"

2. Register the verrfc executable manually from the o/s using the following option:

verrfc -a<Program-ID> -g<hostname of the SAP Host> -x<gateway service of the SAP Host such as sapgw00>

3. Check the RFC, if it now works - then your configuration & installation of vertex is fine. Else, check the configuration of vertex, especially around the settings of the environmental variable LIBPATH. And, if it has worked, change it back to the "Start on Application Server" option & check all entries in it, escpecially around the gateway host & gateway service information.

- Regards, Dibya

0 Kudos

Hi Dibya,

Thanks for your promt support.

I tried as per your given instruction. Now its giving an error ' Program not register"

I registered program as per given command.

Regards

Santosh

0 Kudos

Hi,

I found the solution to this error. There was password mismatch in translnk.reg file and database.

Regards

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

I have exact same issue as you were facing.

can you please tell me how to check password is mismatched and rectify it.

I have AIX 6.1 + Oracle 11g combination.

i m new to this environment. please reply

Thanks

Arundhati