cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output Control Incorporating Local Terminal ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Have a situation where there are numerous terminals where outbound deliveries are processed. Each terminal has 3 printers associated with it. One is used for the delivery note, one is used for an address label and another is for the invoice.

I need to be able to determine the printers to use based on the terminal the delivery is being processed on. Does anyone have any suggestions?

If there was only one printer per terminal I could set the output condition to print on FRONTEND and then it would print to the local windows default printer, but because I have 3 different printers depending on the document this won't work.

Ideas?

Mark.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

swagat_mohanty2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This can be achieved if you use packing stations to pack your delivery (tcode HUPAST). The idea is to create as many packing stations as your terminals. You can create a print profile for each packing station. For a given print profile, you can assign output to the printers. When you do this, keep the printer in the output condition record blank.

Check out for the config is SPRO -> Logistics Execution -> Transportation -> Basic Transportation Functions -> Output Control. See if you can map your business process with packing stations or else you have to develop enhancements for the printer determination.

Thanks

Swagat