cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change message server port

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus.

Last week we perform heterogenic system copy. Target system was installed with system number 00 and source system was 44.

Copy is finish but sapgui was installed in 2300 clients with port 44 in windows/system32/drivers/etc/services, entry sapmsXXX 3644/tcp.

Now we have a problem because sapgui deploy is fully manual and it´s not possible redeploy again in a few days.

So that we want change server configuration.

What is the best solution?

1) Uninstall ASCS00 and install ASCS44 with sapinst

2) Change manually ASCS00 to ASCS44

3) Change only message server port on ASCS00

I think solution number 3 is faster, but I don´t know if is fully supported by sap. Mind you help us?

Many thanks all.

Marta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Juan.

It´s no possible change 2000 clients automatically due to network configuration. So that we must change de server...

I think homogeneus system copy is a good advice. So that, is not possible change messager on /etc/services and default profile? I´ve checked SAP Netweaver documentation and I found changing ms server port on JAVA SCS is supported but I can´t find anything about changing the ms port in Abap Central Services.

Many thanks again.

Marta

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To be fairly honest with you... I'll be more happy doing the copy, It shouldn't take long and you save on problems in the future.

Regards

Juan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marta,

Just adding up , homogenous system copy would be much better as it will not take more than 3-4 hours , if everything is in place.

Use database restore method.

Regards

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could replace the saplogon.ini via a logon script or you could set up SAP Frontend installation server and broadcast a new saplogon.ini.

If changing the GUI is a no go, then you could do a homogeneous system copy and reinstall with system number 44.

Regards

Juan