cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Number ranges

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

is it possible to maintain material number 09RMPIP012323323.

Please advice me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Subbas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scenario 1st: If Data creation point is other than MDM.

In this case MDM will only consolidate data from the Owner system or Source system along with Material Number and distribute to targets. So no need to do any configuration in MDM for number ranges. MDM repository just need a text field/place holder to store Material Number.

Scenario 2nd: If Data creation point is MDM (CMDM Scenario)

Here, firstly you will distribute data to Target system or Owner system without any Material Number. Number range will be internal to the Owner system. Once the data is posted into Owner system of number ranges. Material Number will be assigned to the Master record.

Take back that Material Number from Owner system using and import map on the basis of a unique field in MDM. This process can be automated using Import Server. Now distribute data to other systems if any in landscape.

BR,

Alok Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in configurations i select external number ranges.

while creation of Material master in MM01 system allow o create alphanumeric material number. but system is not allowing to create material umber with nubericalpha (09RMpip).

Please guide me for completion above task.

error Message no. M3318

Regards

Subbas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Although this problem is related to MM Functional. Still please have a look at this thread. I hope problem will be resolved.

BR,

Alok Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subbas,

You can maintain such material in MDM with field of Type = Text. If you are importing data in MDM from other systems, you can also take care of remote key with remote system using Key Mapping concept.

If you are creating Master Data Centrally, You can either manually write this Material range for each record manually using MDM Data Manager or can run assignment with the help of Auto ID field.

Say you want your Material number started in MDM from 09PIPRM012323323.

You can run assignment which should have logic like this "0909PIPRM"& Auti ID + 012323323

I think you can also use JAVA API to generate complex Number Ranges.

Kindly revert if you are looking for something else.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply.

Can u explain in detail for maintaining of MDM.

where t o maintain and how to maintain.

Regards

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subbas,

By Maintain, I mean you are not creating data centrally in MDM. You have this data either in other SAP R/3 systems, or in some legacy system and from these systems you are importing data into MDM and then you maintain(cleanse, deduplicate etc) data in MDM from all these other systems.

Where to Maintain: In MDM (as you consolidate data from all other systems(sap, legacy etc))

How to Maintain: Once you have Consolidated data in MDM from all other systems, you can cleanse , de-duplicate data which result in accurate data for your business Process.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per your material code, you can store it in MDM. But you should not generate this from MDM. Better approach will be to get the material number from the owner system into MDM.

You can generate this number in MDM using alternaties, but that will not be a standard method.

BR,

Alok Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for Reply,

Can u explain the MDM process with configurations.

Regards

Subbas