cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling a Standard SAP transaction VA03 from another web dynpro application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement wherein I need to call the standard SAP transaction VA03 whenever a sales order is selected in some other we dynpro application so that the sales order gets displayed.

No regarding usage of OBN for the above functionality I have certain queries:

1. In order to call VA03 do I need to create a transactional iview for it or is there any direct method.Also how to pass this sales order number as parameter to the T.Code.

2. Can we use standard business object BUS2032 for OBN or a new Business object is created.What exactly is the purpose of these standard business objects in portal and when should they be used.

Thanks in advance

Aman Gupta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aman - 1 - if you dont have an IVIEW for VA03 TCODE then you can create one, and pass your parameter in a itab for the obn, my itab is i_parameters TYPE wdy_key_value_table

also you need the OBN_SYSTEM, the object type (parameters that you will create or have in your IVIEW in the case of standard SAP e.g. BUS2121 is 'po' and operation is 'change' or 'display'.

* Find system alias
* read customizing data
  CALL METHOD /sapsrm/cl_url_service=>get_srm_system_alias
    RECEIVING
      rv_system_alias = v_obn_system.

CALL METHOD lo_portal_manager->navigate_to_object
    EXPORTING
      system              = v_obn_system
      object_type         = c_object
      operation           = c_operation
      business_parameters = i_parameters.

2- there are standard business object IVIEWs from SAP e.g BUS2121, BUS2100, I havent work with BUS2032 but in IVIEWs you can call OBN for this standards objects and you can display in CHANGE mode, display mode, etc. It's basically a connection between your webdynpro in portal and the Business Object to display for the user.

in your webdynpro you will have a hyperlink and ON_ACTION event the ON_ACTION event you call the OBN and you display the object!

Hope this help!

Jason PV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In my case since i need to display the sales order in VA03 transaction corresponding to the sales order clicked:

1. do I need to create a transactional iview for this transaction or if I use this standard business object BUS2032 and method DISPLAY.

call method lr_port_manager->navigate_to_object

● exporting

● system = navigation_data-system

● object_type = navigation_data-object

● operation = navigation_data-operation

● object_value_name = navigation_data-object_value_name

● object_value = navigation_data-object_value

● business_parameters = bus_parameter_list

● forward_obn_metadata = navigation_data-forward_obn_metadata.

In the above f.m. if i pass business object as bus2032,operation as display,object_value as sales document number then will the t.code be called automatically.

Also what does your statement "standard business objects has its own iviews" mean.

Thanks and Regards

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aman - Do you have a portal team in your project or you have to create the IVIEWS yourself?

I do have a portal team and I dont know how they create the IVIEWs but for example, I will go to my portal team and I will ask them to create an IVIEW for TCODE VA03, they will created and they will tell me the input parameters they entered for the IVIEW so I can call OBN and display in webdynpro.

SAP in SRM has webdynpro e.g. for BUS2121 and they have an IVIEW already implemented in the portal context pointing to the webdynpro of BUS2121 so we can used the IVIEW by calling OBN and passing the parameters; in my case the object_type will be 'shc' and the operation will be 'display' and the paremeters itab will be the GUID of my shopping cart, that way the OBN can understand which Shopping cart open and in which operation mode.

I also did something like your requirement, I need it to display a specific case in Records Management but SAP has a standard IVIEW for records management 'RMREGEDIT' that didn't work for my requirement so I went to SE38 created a program that displayed the case based on GUID and I created a TCODE of my custom program. Portal team created a custom IVIEW of my custom TCODE and they told me the input parameters to call the TCODE in OBN and I pass in the itab parameter the GUID of the case using the FM that I post before.

The action to call the OBN is in the event handler ON_CLICK of my ALV and the action is getting trigger when the user actually clicks a HYPERLINK in the ALV.

Hope this helps you!

Please feel free to ask me more details if you need.

Jason PV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check out the SAP help to have some idea on [Priorities of implementing iViews in OBN|https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/docs/DOC-33025?decorator=print].

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aman,

Check out my reply in this thread [opening sales order in new browser window |].

Hope it works for you.