cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGUI 620 PRD: Auto logout (maximum user idle time exceeeded)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus, When running the Payroll Stimulation i have this error message on the screen. Please guide me through solve this problem. I am very beginner to sap basis. so please guide me by step by step. thank you in advance.

Error runnning payroll simulation

Reconnect to the system if needed. Do you want to see the detail 'Yes/No'.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Gurus, Thank you for your reply. I have check the Instance Profile of the system. The parameter rdisp/gui_auto_logout exist with the value of 3600. Do i need to disable it by entering 0 or can i increase the parameter or the timing value. If i can increase the timing value then how much can i have increase. If let say the customer want the parameter exist then how much value can i increase. Does it have any limit or something. Please explain it to me. Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

The Current value of 3600 i.e. 1 hour is more than enough. Normally the purpose of this parameter is suppose if a user is logged in to the system and is inactive from the time specified in the parameter then it will automatically log that user out from the system to save the resources which cab be utilized by other active users. But, here you are saying that while executing the payroll stimulation this is happening. How it can happen when the user is running some thing and active. Kindly check whether the user is really running the report or not. If you do not want to set this parameter then you can put the value as 0.

Also, you can change the parameter temporarily or permanently like if you want to change the value permanently then change the value in instance profile and restart the instance to take effect. If you want value to ve changed temporarily then do it from RZ11 tcode by choosinf change value. This will change the value and it will be effective with new value only untill next restart of the instance. Once the instanc is restarted it will revert back to old value and this is called dynamically changing parameter. Also, check the parameter rdisp/max_wprun_time if report is runnign for long time than value specified and throwing time out. Check in ST22 for any Time out dumps.

Hope clarified.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you don't want to enforce any logout time, then you can either delete or assign the value "0" for this parameter to disable it.

Otherwise, it depends how much IDLE time you want to assign using the value of this parameter.

3600 = 60 Minutes.

So you can decide well...

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

Former Member
0 Kudos

We kept the rdisp/gui_auto_logout to 6H (6 hours) and enforce the users via rdisp/keepalive & rdisp/keepalive_timeout

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have kept value for parameter rdisp/gui_auto_logout as 1800. You can decide its value according to load at your end. Keeping it 0 wont harm you. But its like if users dont log out from their system, they will kept logged in. It is harmful as there is a risk of unauthorized access and also result in occupying system resources even though they are not in use.

Thanks and Regards,

Kedar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for all the reply.I have solved as per the advice. thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Error runnning payroll simulation

Reconnect to the system if needed. Do you want to see the detail 'Yes/No'.

Check and Set the INSTANCE profile parameter as below:

rdisp/gui_auto_logout = <Auto_logout_time>

You can also delete or set as below to disable the auto logout time.

rdisp/gui_auto_logout = 0

You will need to restart the SAP after changing profile parameter.

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede