cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getGridObject().getCellValue rounding the results

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am on a 12.0.5 box of MII. My field is in an Oracle table defined as a NUMBER.

In my fixed query template I have the General > Number Format defined as 0.000.

If I run the query in the workbench or look at it in Oracle it contains 3.999.

When in my irpt I execute - document.Orders.getGridObject().getCellValue(7,21); it brings back 4.00.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hold the Control key down when you use the iGrid's Right Click Data Details so you get the XML results, or test the query in XML from the WorkBench (this is added in 12.1 - the right click menu allows XML in the list of choices). This will let you know if the raw number returned by the query is good, then you can sort out any number formatting necessary. The getCellValue method should return you a string containing exactly what you see in the iGrid.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sidnooradarsh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the service pack being installed.

I would suggest/recommend moving to latest service pack that is SP 10 it has lots of fixes over previous SP's.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Adarsh

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Brad,

Check your number format for your display template. You are likely seeing your number formated in the query being formated again in your Grid Object (default is 0.00). You can pull it directly from the query object instead of the Grid and you should see the 0.000 format.

Regards,

Mike