cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCo definitions lost during OS/DB migration of single stack Java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am migrating a single stack Java system release 7.0 from SolarisOracle to AIXOracle. The application running on this system happen to be GRC components. The whole migration includes SLD system migration as well. The issue is that after the system copy, definition of all JCo destinations is gone. The only thing that is left from JCo destinations is the name. I can create these JCo destinations after the copy but that is manual work and will extend the migration window.

Has anyone seen this issue?

Is there anyway to copy JCo destinations from one Java stack to another?

Thanks,

Farshid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

JCo destinations are not being copied during the system copy procedure. The only way is to create them manually afterwards.

Check the system copy guide and note 899144 - WD JCo destinations are not copied during system copy

Kind regards,

Mark

UlfZeisberger
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

thanks for the SAP Note.

Seems within the 6 years since 2005 there were no NW Systemcopies with a really big number of JCO Connections inside...

resulting into that SAP was not forced to do something in this area.

I'm curious if the JCO interface of 7.3 was reworked in that area as well...

-Ulf

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much Mark!

The note you referenced clearly says they are not included. I must have not searched with correct keywords. Although I do not understand why but it is what SAP has chosen to do. I wish there was some way of copying JCos or at least a way of saving them from the current system. We have quite a few of these and manual creation will extend our cut-over window.

Nonetheless, you have answered my question. Thanks again.

Farshid