cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SERVICE SCHEDULING THROUGH PLANNING BOARD IN CALL CENTERS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are currently trying to use the planning board functionality to schedule services. The issue is that the call center executive needs to commit to the customer the date and time on which services needs to be performed. can the planning board can be accessed by morethan one executive and the scheduling is updated run-time or is it that the standard functionality permits the access to the planning board to only one person at a time.

Thanks for the response in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj,

The beauty of PPDS planning board in APO when compared with R/3

functionality is the interactive approach with many users at the same

time accessing and modifying their planning data.

Hence you can goahead and use it accordingly

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj,

Using PPDS planning board, one can interactely change the resource

master data very well as required by you

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can control the access to the planning board by defining 'work area' with userid but this transaction does not have a 'Change' option like other transactions for example product view, the system does not execute a change authorization for the product and the resource selected in the work area.However, if you want you can implement modificaton to check if the userid (sy-uname) is same as of the is_work_area-cust_id when saving the data in planning board.

Rgs- Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Niraj,

The planning board can be accessed by more than one person at a time, but for the scheduling changes made by one person to be visible for another person, the changes must be saved and adopted.

Regards, Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot. I had another doubt. Can the planning board be used to block the calendars of the workcenters. Saay for examples if there are 4 schedulers for a set of WC each one needs to to know when the work center is available (Times) so trhat it is booked accordingly. The graphical planning board is an option. I sthere any robust functionality that can help me avheive this