cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rfc to soap (webservice)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a RFC in R3 sending out employee# in TABLES parameter to XI. XI needs to call an external webservice, for each of these employees and get their name.

RFC will collect the names in the TABLES parameter(second column) and send response back to R3. (This way i can keep R3 -XI- R3 traffic to single message).

Appreciate help to develop this scenario. Would BPM be useful in this scenario....i would like to use it too.

Thanks,

Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Would BPM be useful in this scenario....i would like to use it too.

RFC <> XI <> SOAP ......do not use a BPM unless either of your end-systems support sync-communication....in this case your scenario will be a simple Synchronous Flow from RFC to SOAP via PI.

To use RFC or PROXY? It depends on your SAP ECC version, availability of RFC.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

we have developed a custom rfc to generate the list of employee# in the TABLEs parameter. XI needs to split this message and for each the employee call the webservice to get the name....collect them all and send back in the same TABLE parameter.

so this split and collect will need BPM, right ? is this workable and if so i would need some examples to work with.

-R

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Explain your requirement bit clearly,

R/3->xi--->web service

Webservice(Response)-->XI-->R3.

this what i understood...is it correct?

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes that's correct. R/3 sends out a list of employee#. R3 will need to send this through a scheduled job.

I would need help to understand if the RFC with TABLE parameters is the right approach or a proxy for a BPM ?

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you alredy BAPI with you then you no need to go for Proxy,you can build customized BAPI to pull the data from tables,then use RFC adapter to retrive the data from tables and send it to web service using SOAP adapter use synchronous mode,Webserice send the response and update the same in R/3.(i never use RFC sender as sync)

else use ABAP proxy in sender side,it will work for you.

no need to go for BPM.

Regards,

raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The link below will give a good idea about the scenario.

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/23/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-1

Regards,

Tiny

Edited by: TINY MAMPILLY on May 25, 2010 4:40 AM