cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OSDB migration issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

now i am planing to do the migration for CRM 5.0 system from Solaris-DB2 to AIX-DB2.

i have the following . please update me

do i know need order extra tools for migration other then current version software. current version kernal have all programs reqired for migration right?. do we need to ask SAP to send any kind of software.

as i know i can use the SAPINST from there it call all tools.

please advice me as soon as possible.

Thank you

Vish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Officially you have to register your OS/DB migration at SAP and after signing the migration service contract, SAP will send you the software.. However, you can just download the software from the marketplace. It's the same kit.

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks a lot for your quick response.

what kind of software sap will send to us. what is spacially required? other then Kernel?

Thank you

Vish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just the installation master and kernel..

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

WOW..Mark. soo quick Replay and once again thanks a lot. i have last questions for today.. my wants do database upgrade and migration at time. what you advice.. i told him to upgrade first database then after 2 weeks we will do migration.

what is your openion?

Thank you

Vish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vish,

It doesn't matter in what order you do it. So first migration or first upgrade.. The two weeks you are mentioning sounds reasonable.

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Some more help please. my boss asking me to do upgrade of the database and OS migration at the same. is it posible and ok to do. please have a detail below

Source system CRM 5.0

DB : DB2 8.2 Fix Pack 13

Stack: dual

DB& Instance : database and central instance in single host.

kernel version ::Release 700 and patch 146

Target System CRM 5.0

Databases OS : AIX 6.1 for ABAP stack and JAVA Stack but different hosts for two different database

CI OS : RHEL 5.3 for ABAP and Java Stack

Database : DB2 9.5

Stack : dual

DB host name : <DB1>

ABAP stack host name: <ABAP1>

JAVA Stack host name:<JAVA1>

What we are trying to do is

We want split the dual stack system and put the each single Stacks into different hosts. We are keeping databases( ABAP database and JAVA database) in AIX 6.1 and CI of ABAP and JAVA in RHEL 5.3

I have the following doubts and please clear me

1. Do we can Split the stacks at the same time while doing OS Migration? ( and Splitting Stacks will going keep into Different hosts)

2. If we split the Stacks into different hosts then do we have any problems in CRM system

3. If we get any issues then SAP will support and do you have any SAP recommended documents to separate the ABA and JAVA Stacks or SAP will not Support?

4. Do we can do database upgrade While doing the OS migration (like export DB2 8.2(sun) to import DB2 9.5(AIX)) and if yes Is advisable to do like that?

I am very much happy to Answer your call @ 732 925 6974

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vswanadha,

1. Do we can Split the stacks at the same time while doing OS Migration? ( and Splitting Stacks will going keep into Different hosts)

Technically this is possible, but I don't know if it is supported by the standard way of a heterogeneous system copy.

2. If we split the Stacks into different hosts then do we have any problems in CRM system

No, you shouldn't. Check the following link for this. Only for PI and MI systems, a dual stack is mandatory.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/d074d7de-8d55-2b10-1e94-fb2e9d2893d1

3. If we get any issues then SAP will support and do you have any SAP recommended documents to separate the ABA and JAVA Stacks or SAP will not Support?

If the configuration and the way to get it is supported by SAP, you don't have any problems. So the seperation of the CRM stack is supported, however I don't know if it can be done in one step during your heterogeneous system copy. You might have to copy your system twice, so copy the dual stack system twice and remove the ABAP stack on the one site and the java stack on the other site afterwards.

4. Do we can do database upgrade While doing the OS migration (like export DB2 8.2(sun) to import DB2 9.5(AIX)) and if yes Is advisable to do like that?

I know this can be done for Oracle (homogeneous system copy), so I can imagine that it is possible for DB2 as well. Since I don't have DB2 knowledge, I cannot answer this question regarding this subject.

Before you can start your migration, you have to fill in a questionnaire at SAP. If you mention your strategy above you know directly if it is supported by SAP.

You can also buy some remote consulting hours at SAP for all your questions.

Some additional info:

Note 547314 - FAQ: System Copy procedure

Note 82478 - SAP system OS/DB migration

Kind regards,

Mark

franz_hiltscher
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

depending on your CRM Java configuration a good way is to export/import the abap an install a new java instance with usage type crm.

For BI (Bex analyzer) and HCM (ESS/MMS) Scenarios it works perfect. Never tried it on crm.

Kind Regards

Franz

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you checked heterogeneous system copy guide ?

Also, for migration, you need migration certified person onsite. Also, you will need migration key from SAP.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

not yet checked and i am about to check. i am OSDB certified person

Thank you

vish