cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating contract document extension fields from workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a multi-step contract document workflow which routes first to an attorney and then through a series of business approvers. The business approvers might reject the workflow for a number of non-legal related reasons which would not required the legal document to be changed. I want to flag the document when the attorney approves in case the workflow is ultimately rejected and later restarted, the legal approval step can be skipped if the attorney previously approved and the legal agreement file has not been changed. I have been unable to update a contract document extension field from within the middle of a workflow. The system has the contract document locked but I'm not sure if that's what's blocking me and if so, can I unlock the document, make the change, and relock the document from the post-script?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeff,

Unlocking/Relocking might be the right approach. You also may be experiencing a privilege issue based on the user running the script (but I doubt it if you are able to update other fields based on approvals). Let us know what you find out!

-Howie Wexler, Crafty Systems Inc

978 273 3600