Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I have a requirment wherein..

Table 1

fields 1a...20a

table 2

fields 1b..20b

Q1) I need to upload the data of table2 whenever a record is uploaded in table1.

Q2) I need to upload the data of table2 whenever a value in table1 field 1b is UPDATED.

Please respond.

Kind Regards

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Slight variation in Mandeep's approach - You can skip PI by just creating one script file containing DOS commands to move syndicated file into the Ready folder so that Import Server can import it and your map should point to destination table. Schedule this script file so that it keeps scanning the Outbound folder.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Thanks for your responces.

When you said 'syndicate when data updated'.

Does this mean that i should create a workflow for table1 and set its triggerring properties as 'on record update'.

Make sure that work flow just has a syndicate step which executes the syndicate map.

On the otherhand regd the script file.

why should i move the syndicated output of table1 to ready folder again?

wherein my requirement is to import a new file when tab1 gets updated!!!

can you please clarify me!!!

Kind Regards

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

For the table1 in the syndication map you can select Suppress Unchanged records so that only the delta records created or updated will be available for syndication. No need for defining a workflow.

why should i move the syndicated output of table1 to ready folder again?

This is correct, no need. Based on syndicated file sent from MDM for table1(acknowlegdement in PI), PI can also place a different file in Inbound ready folder for table2/port2.

thanks-

Ravi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

There is a workaround, This requirement can be achieved using PI (File adapter, MDM PI Adapter), Syndication (MDSS)

Firstly for Table 1 whenever a record with Field 1a gets created/updated syndication should occur which contains the required fields out of MDM to PI, This syndication will occur only if this field get created(New Record) or gets updated. So you can use this XML file out of Syndication as Acknowledgment and after that you can import Data for Table 2.

MDM Table 1-MDSS (on field Value Create/Update)>PI (gets acknowledgment) then Send file for table 2-->MDM (Ready folder of inbound port of table 2).

Hope it helps..

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John

You can use ABAP or Java API for that trick(it's right way).

another way

(through workflow, assingnment and calculated field) very difficult for realization

and no garantee that it will be work automatically

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka