cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility of Browsers with Netweaver CE 7.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are using SAP Netweaver CE 7.2 and are trying the view a WebDynpro Application on the Mobile Device.

We have used the below devices but are getting some error message when using BarCode Reader and FunctionKey Controls.

The Devices used are:

Psion Teklogix u2013 WorkAbout PRO (Windows CE 5.0) - 480x640 Resolution

Psion Teklogix u2013 NEO (Windows CE 5.0) - 240x320 Resolution

Naurtech browser

We even tried removing all the controls and put just a text box on the VIew, but the same error repeats.

The Error states:

500 Internal Server Error SAP NetWeaver Application Server/Java AS

The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:

com.sap.tc.useragent.UnsupportedUserAgentException: User Agent (PIE, 6.0, Windows CE) is not supported! com.sap.tc.useragent.service.UserAgentServiceImpl@1c6bde5

at com.sap.tc.ls.useragent.LSBrowserDetection.getLSDevice(LSBrowserDetection.java:99)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.uielements.lsmgr.SystemControl.<init>(SystemControl.java:58)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientimpl.ajax.AjaxClient.initialize(AjaxClient.java:1135)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientimpl.ajax.AjaxClient.sendResponseHead(AjaxClient.java:396)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientApplication.<init>(ClientApplication.java:424)

... 53 more

See full exception chain for details.

Can you please guide us regarding the error encountered and the possible resolution.

Thanks,

Shobhit Bajaj

Edited by: shobhit bajaj on May 24, 2010 2:57 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

faragelfadaly
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Shobhit,

If you are using Internet Explorer. Go to setting -> Compatibility View Settings

Then add the domain.

Then Open the url again and it will be ok.

0 Kudos

Hi Shobhit,

I've the same problem on CE 7.1 EHP1 with Windows CE 6.0; at the end it seems that depending from a settings of user agent, specified on internet explorer. This settings determine the type is used in order to define the type of application rendering.

I've understood that CE7.1 don't support user agent specified with value "Windows CE".

I've change it to "windows XP" and it works.

Regards

Stefano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shobit,

I do not have a solution to your issue, but I do have a question for you -

We are implementing a solution around the same device and browser specifications that you mentioned. PSion Teklogix and a Naurtech/IE browser. My question to you is around this -

> What capabilities do you see extra in a Naurtech browser that are not present in a Internet Explorer?

> Is there a hindside to the deal if we stick with a IE browser and not spend on the Naurtech broswer?

Any information around this will be helpful.

Thanks,

Tushar Batra,

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shobhit,

Please have a look at http://service.sap.com/pam Product Availability Matrix for browser compatibility with Netweaver CE 7.2

Hope it will helps

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I went to PAM, but could see only information about SAP Netweaver 7.0

Is there information related to CE 7.2, SP06 in specific ?

I want to know if CE 7.2, SP06 is compatibale to Browser IE 8

Regards

Sreeram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

IE compatibility Information of SAP Netweaver CE 7.2 is available in PAM. Based on that IE8 has been supported.

Goto PAM and seach for software product versoin "SAP NETWEAVER 7.2".

You will get list of product and then select SAP Netweaver CE 7.2 from the list.

Regards,

Pinkle