cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank account number is not valid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can you please help when maintaining bank details of vendor master at the time of entering bank account number getting following error

Bank account number is not valid

Message no. AR124

Please help.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Issue resolved applied Note 1422129.

Thanks

former_member194797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please give the account number and the country of the bank. It will be easier to help you.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Note 572022 says

Summary

Symptom

Although you have already implemented Notes 507186, 144764, and 310988, the system generates message AR124 (Bank account number is not valid) during the check of a Swedish bank account number.

Other terms

FI_CHECK_BANK_ACCOUNT_SE, FI_CHECK_BANK_DETAILS, AR124, BANK_ACCOUNT_CHECK, bank account number, Sweden

Reason and Prerequisites

For the check of the bank account number in Sweden, there is no unique check algorithm. The banks use different check procedures, which are not published and cannot therefore be implemented. As a consequence, you may use bank account numbers which are indeed correct, but cannot be recognized as correct.

Solution

If the system generates error message AR124 during the check of a bank account number, you can define this message as a warning message in Customizing (transaction OBA5). You may also completely deactivate the check of the bank account numbers for Sweden (transaction OY17, deselect the 'Bank data' field).

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

sebastian_lemke4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check with TC: OY17 which is the correct Bank Account rule for the bank country of your vendor.

e.g. France only 11 digits are allowed etc..

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you think you got the right information of the Bank, then it could be authorization issue. Our user had same message. However, when I updated the Vendor master with the same information as my user, it worked for me. So have some one try to update the vendor master with the bank info.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

I am giving both bank key and bank account number with that i am giving country also.

Kindly suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you just entering bank account number or also bank key. In general we will enter bank account as well as bank key, as bank key will have the address, etc. In case, if it is the problem with bank key, please check in FI03 whether the bank account is existing or not for the country that you are using.

Hope this helps.

Kumar