cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploy app. in SDM Performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

We have a WebDynpro Java application in Developer Studio.

When start deployment the application in SDM the return is very slow.

After the message Start Deployment, the time to initialize the application in the browser is 40 seconds to 1 hour.

The Server is very slow to return the application. How can we optimize the return time of the deploy?

Best Regards.

Taylor.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Taylor,

Probably I am not sure if my reply helps you out...

You can try increasing the heap size of your SDM to a higher value...

May be to 512 MB.

You can follow the procedure in the note 879377 - How to adjust the JVM parameters used by SDM?

Regards,

Chandru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Taylor,

If deployment issue is happening only for a particular deployment then , i think you need to check your code also.

Else try to deploy it low system utilization period. Also check the logs from SDM location so you can find the related error for the failed deployment.

Regards,

Sumanta

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Taylor

I would recommend to try increasing the heap size as Chandru pointed out.

The reason could be that due to size of your deployment there is too much garbage collection activitiy for the SDM which gives bad performance in return.

Major garbage collections are stop the world events (the end-user has to wait until the memory is cleaned from objects that are marked for garbage collection.

By increasing the memory it is possible to only have minor garbage collection which is not a stop the world event and by doing so allowing your deployment to go smoothly and in a faster fashion.

Kind regards

Tom

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Taylor,

Did the passwords are the same from SDM, administrator and some user if needed in the IDE ?

If not, put all passwords the same so that the different applications do not have different passwords.

This is just an idea, because I already had some troubles with the passwords in the SDM,Visual Admin and deployment.

Sílvia

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Taylor,

Please check the network connection from deployment to the server.

Also check directly login to SDM and check the response time.

Hope it will helps

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun.

Thanks for response.

Network connection from deployment to the server is OK.

Directly login to SDM in server via RemoteGui response time is OK.

The problem is when start Deploy from IDE.

Regards.

Taylor