cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with RFC Receiver in a synchronous scenario( RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION)

lnirmala
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

My scenario is Fil-RFC-File which is a synchronous scenario.Today i got the below mentioned error in Production which affected the communication channels : Fil(Sender) and RFC(Receiver).It was due to the network unavailablity which existed for just 2-3 minutes.

com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: error while processing message to remote system:com.sap.aii.af.rfc.core.client.RfcClientException: could not get a client from JCO.Pool: com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect ping timeout occurred after 60 seconds.

I have searched the entire foum for this issue and found many replies regarding time out values.In order to rectify this problem the proposed solution was to do the time-out setting for inbound XI-Adapter of the Adapter Engine.Also the default values mentioned for inbound XI adapter in SAP note 791379 are as given below:

Property Name = [default]

xiadapter.inbound.numberRetries.default = 3

xiadapter.inbound.persistDuration.default = 2592000000 [ms]

xiadapter.inbound.retryInterval.default = 300000 [ms]

xiadapter.inbound.timeout.default = 180000 [ms]

If the default time out value is 3 minutes and since i havnt done any changes in default how can i get a message like "Connect ping timeout occurred after 60 seconds".Or am i missing something?

Could someone help me in finding the root of this issue.

Regards,

Lekshmi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Change\modify your Target system user logoon details.

Regards,

Narendra

lnirmala
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

COuld you pls tell me what is the parameter which decides time out value for an RFC call...

Thanks & Regards,

Lekshmi.

former_member568822
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please double check on the rfc client that you enter. I think got some mistake on that. For the timeout value, you may set it in the rfc adapter in visual admin.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

>

> com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: error while processing message to remote system:com.sap.aii.af.rfc.core.client.RfcClientException: could not get a client from JCO.Pool: com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect ping timeout occurred after 60 seconds.

a time out is different from the error you ahve got.

The error you have got clearly says that the target system was unavailable.

In case of time outs it more like the system is available but the response or processing time from the end system takes long and hence resulting in a time out

lnirmala
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The target system was not available at that specific minute but my question where do we specify this timeout value, i.e. 60 secs shown in the error messag.In any way can we increase this value from 60 secs to 3 minutes or so?

Regards,

Lekshmi.