cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting At plant level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please guide me with the usage of - Summ recording for n=1(check Box) at plant level setting - under result recoding Tab.

By Default this check is activated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The replies above need some clarification>

When summmarized = 1 is ticked on it mens the following:

When a quantitative characteristic is set up with the control indicator of "individual results", and the sampling procedure calculates a sample size of 1, then the characteristic will be treated as if it was set up with "summarized" results.

Sumit was correct but to be clear, it is only where the sample size is 1, not for all instances of using the characteristic. I'm sure he felt that that you should figure out that it was for a sample size fof 1 only.

Swarnali, in the second reply, is slightly confusing because with individual results recording set you usually are indicating you want to record multiple resutls. So saying that when its ticked off it allows this is kind of confusing. If the sample size is two or more you'd be able to record as many results as you want. If it calculates a value of one sample, then with this on, it gets treated as a summarized characteristic and he is correct that now, you couldn't record multiple results.

Both are correct however, but I was confused a bit myself by the replies so I thought I'd add some clarification. I hope they don't mind. Please award them any points.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FF,

Not an issue. And I liked your explanation

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear FF,

I got a question here, I am using sampling with sampling scheme. So sample size may vary from 10 or 20 or 50. But whatever the sample size, I need to do result record only two values, that is the range I observed during inspection i.e minimum observed value and maximum observed value.

So if I mention N=2 and use sampling scheme of above sample size, can i enter 2 readings alone.

Thanks

Vineeth

Former Member
0 Kudos

for this there is provision of Fixed sample type in sampling procedure( N=2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Sujit explained, for that characteristic use a sampling procedure with a fixed sample size of 2.

FF

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member662213
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If this check is activated, this means, if you Quantitative MIC has single result control indicator on, even then, in the result recording screen, entry would be in summarized mode only.

Thanks

SUMIT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If that check box is not ticked, then you can do multiple RR for MIC even with fixed scope and fixed qty, say 1 EA