Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability control for WBS elements when running settlement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My scenario is as follows:-

1. We have created a budget profile TR0001 and set the tolerance limit on this at 95% with the action at 2 Warning with Mail to Person Responsible.

2. We have then assigned the Budget profile to a Project profile.

3. We have created a Project with 11 WBS elements and assigned a Budget of £11,000 to the Project and distributed this over the 11 elements (£1,000 per WBS element)

4. We have cretaed a settlement rule on the Project to settle all actual costs at WBS level to the Project level and then settle these costs to an Internal Order.

5. We have then posted hours in CATS and posted costs of £435 to WBS element A where this has a budget assigned of £1,000(not exceeding the budget)

My problem is when we are settling the Project using CJ88 we are getting a warning message saying that WBS element A has exceeded the Budget?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Virendra,

Thanks for the reply.

We have set up the WBS elemenets as follows:-

Level 1 settles to the Internal Order

Level 2 settles to the Level 1 WBS element

As we have assigned the £11,000 to the Project and then distributed the £11,000 over the LEVEL 2 elements we have not assigned a budget at LEVEL 1 and that is why we are getting the availability control when running settlement.

Note 159850 talks about using one settlement cost element in the IMG and defining this cost element as exemption from availability control - as the business requirement is to settle by cost element this will not be applicable.

Thanks for the input anyway.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Though you have solved the issue, but still I would recommend you to use Virendra's suggestion on settling cost from Level 2 to IO directly instead of rolling up the cost from lower level to hgher level and from there to IO.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check your settlement cost elements - you might need to exclude them via config

anyway why are you settling to the project (by the way that should the top level WBS as Project is not a cost collector)

Note 159850 - Settlement within a project

you will see that using the settlement by cost element is not a good idea - I presume that is the case in your scenario

alternatively do not settle within, but settle to the internal order from the level 2 WBS