cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

module development setting parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

in a scenario I get a flat file in. The problem is that not all fields are delivered by every flat file. In the second line of each flat file are the field names stored, that are within each following line.

So my idea was to create a module that reads the second line and set this information to the parameter of the content conversion (e.g. "data.fieldNames"), but it seams like I don't have access to these parameters. I tried to use "inputModuleData.setSupplementalData("module.parameters", hashTable)", where hastable contains all the parameters, but it is ignored.

Can someone help me? Do I have to go over an other object?

Thx

Olli

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olli,

I feel module is called after the content conversion.

What you can do pick your file without content conversion.

You will get xmlPayload , convert complete xmlPayload in form of a string, than play around with the string, do your validations and convert it in XML the way you want at output side and send it to integration engine.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Satish Chauhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

I thought also that the conversion is called before. But I tried to set the message to the payload and it was the flat file, no xml.

I tried also not to use conversion by the file adapter directly, but to use the Transform bean as a module in the sequence after my module. But the problem is always the same. The parameters, witch I typed in on the module tab for the transform bean are also not visible in my module called before.

An other Idea is to see my module as a wrapper and make a lookup to the local interface of the transformbean. But for this solution I have to know witch classes to import.

Can you give me a hint how to determine such libraries out of the name of a bean?

Thx.

Olli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Olli,

Isn't it possible to generate your output structure required by target system be generated by Sender adapter module.

The idea is read your flat file(without content conversion) byyour module. You will get data as it is in your module in string.

Just play around with your string create XML structure(required by target system) and send it. You can avoid any mapping in between if your design permits.

Handle the second row(containing field names) in flat file to generate your output structure in module.

Regards,

Satish Chauhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

yes I understood. But with this solution I have to develop the conversion by myself. That is what I don't want to do.

Regards

Olli