cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A question about updating the kernel on HP-UX platform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After updating the kernel from 144 to 236 on the ECC6.0, I found that we got different result as using dispwork on UNIX and sm51 on SAP. the command dispwork showed the patch number is 236 while the sm51 showed Kernel Patch Number is 144. I can not catch the reason why I got such result.

It is pretty odd.

Thanks and Best Regards

Rongjie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How many app server entries you see in SM51? If you have more than one, chances are one or more of your app servers have a local exe dir that still has old kernel. Do you use login group to login to the system? If so, check if your login group takes you to the app server with old kernel.

Regards,

Shan

Edited by: r.shanmu on May 27, 2010 5:41 PM

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you have at least 2 disp+work file

to find them:

find / -name disp+work -exec ls -l {} \;

provide results of this command.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> After updating the kernel from 144 to 236 on the ECC6.0, I found that we got different result as using dispwork on UNIX and sm51 on SAP. the command dispwork showed the patch number is 236 while the sm51 showed Kernel Patch Number is 144. I can not catch the reason why I got such result.

To which directory did you unpack the kernel?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

I unpacked the kernel in /sapmnt/<SID>/exe.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is your kernel getting replicated at /usr/sap/<sid>/SYS/exe ? Means you should have same kernel version at both places (/usr/sap/<sid>/exe) and /sapmnt/<sid>/exe.

Check below link as well:

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

We also checked the directory /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/run and /sapmnt/<SID>/exe. It got exactly same thing.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> We also checked the directory /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/run and /sapmnt/<SID>/exe. It got exactly same thing.

and your system was restarted?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I restarted the system for several times.