cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during SAPINST start u201C iaextract :c ; 268 no space available in dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am installing SAP ECC6 7.0 under oracle 10.2 and AIX 6 . I am created /home/install and want to install sap in that path with ( cd /home/install ) when I run SAPINST sap extract file when extract completed ( with in same screen ) error occur

u201C iaextract :c ; 268 no space available in device u201C

After that we export TEMP = /tmp

But error same then we go to path /home/install and unzip big file at that path no error

Please guide me related to that issue

Regards

shahid

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankx Vijay Kottappan for ur very informative answer problem is same I was fixed it before, there is no space in /tmp

but I am thankx full to ur reply

Regards

Shahid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Regardless of whatever current work directory, SAPINST chooses to keep current work directory as /tmp.

If your /tmp doiesn't have much space, then You can change the option by using the sapinst parameter SAPINST_CWD.

For full parameter details, execute

sapinst -p

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why you want to install SAP in /home/install path ? Check upgrade guide. Create all file necessary system required to install ERP system.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

For installation of any version of SAP, you should go through the installation guide first. Accordingly you need to create the file systems with proper sizes and set the variables as defined. After all these prerequisites are completed, you can start the installation process.

Thanks and Regards,

Kedar