cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to chang material descrption

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

Can any one guide me how to change the material descritption? i mean i want to change the material name. is that possible?

pls advice ASAP.

regards,

Minesh Soneji

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

andrea_brusarestelletti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

did you carry out the check suggested by Krishna O? Go to Material Master (transaction MM02😞 select view "Basic data 1", then press the push-button "Additional data": here you should find the description of your material in all the maintained languages. You should correct it in all the languages maintained. These values reflect the entries of table MAKT, that's to say that their maintenance will reflect directly in table MAKT.

Please check and let us know.

Hope to be useful.

Best regards,

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes i have followed it this all the steps but it doesntt work...

in sales order when i entere this material , still it picks old description.. but not the new one..

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

andrea_brusarestelletti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So in table MAKT, entering only with material code, what do you see? Are the descritpions listed correct in any language?

Best regards,

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to MM02 and enter the material number .

Go to basic data 1 and change the description.

Regards,

Krishna O

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have triend this by copying another material but it showing the previous material descrption.

in sales order still shows the old description.

pls advice ASAP.

Regards,

Minesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to change in material master .

Check in material master what is the description mentioned . and you can change the same in mm02 if required.

Hope this will resolve your issue.

REgards,

KRishna O

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a new material without using reference.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have change this material master but when i create sales order and once i enter that material then still old descrption shows , it doesnt show the new name in sales order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

is that material description saved in MKTA table? can i change over there?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is maintained in MAKTX .also check in material master additional data tab in description if you have maintained.

Regards,

Krishna O

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello sorry but still this not solved yet.

i have changed in material master and in table:makt i have chekd but it doesnt allow me to change the description.

pls guide on this...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goto MM02 and change sales text in "Sales Text" tab.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to MM02 in sales text . Check if it is maintained .

If so make the changes and save it.

please revert back if any issue.

Regards,

Krishna O

Former Member
0 Kudos

sales text is not maintain...

pls advice on this..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check on basic data text in basic data 1 tab in sales order . Check if you have maintained any thing in that.

Regards,

KRishna O

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Kindly change the text of material in basic data 1 in MM02 and maintain the sales text in sales text tab this will come in your print out.

After this you delete the item line or sales order and reenter the material. I think it will come in sales order.

Hope it will help you.

Regards,

Sandip