cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMSADM: never ending password possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I set up security parameters for our NWDI system (WAS 6.40, SP16). Now I found out that it's really complex to change the password of user CMSADM - btw: thanks a lot for the post - it was much help to me :-).

So is there a possibility to set the user CMSADM to "never ending password" without changing the expiration time for the other users?

The problem is, the security policies of my company don't allow me to change this for all users, so the UME parameter ume.logon.security_policy.password_expire_days must be set to 60.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best regards,

Cornelia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

by the way: with NW04s and WebAS 70 you can create service users in UME again so their password wouldn't expire.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all

Gee, i also bumped into this problem (T_T)

Hi, Cornelia. Do you mean Technical Users in this help?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/4e/225b42eeb66255e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Is there anyone who uses NWDI admin user as Technical Users and achieved

this never ending password in NWDS 2004s?

Best Regards.

Sejoon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sejoon,

yes, that's what I meant. My collegue has a NWDI with NW04s and he's using the technical user there.

But somehow, we still have problems in that system that the CMSADM user gets locked when we try to deploy, but that could be a completely different reason... we're still looking for that. Normally, it should work with the technical user.

Best regards,

Cornelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

by the way: be careful with changing passwords - see also SAP note 896427

(that's solved with 7.0, SP12)

Regards,

Cornelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

there is a flag in the JAVA UME for each user. But this flag only is available when using the user administration GUI in the Visual Administrator (security provider).

Here you will find a flag "no password change required".

Regards,

Lutz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lutz,

unfortunately, this flag only tells you whether the user's password is expired or initial, but you cannot influence the expiration of the password with this.

I opened a SAP message (No. 0120025231 0000669051 2006) and they told me that at the moment it's not possible to set CMSADM to "never-ending-password".

I hope that will work in future releases, in NW 2004 and 2004s it does not.

Regards,

Cornelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahh,

so you saved me from activating this parameter myself.

We have a portal and all the service users would stop working after xx days.

Thanks a lot

Lutz

Former Member
0 Kudos

we have a workaround set up here: every 5 weeks one of us changes the password of CMSADM in the UME and then changes it back to the old one, so it's a "manual" never-ending-password.

The thread I mentioned above contains information and a SAP note about how to change the password if you want to / have to do that (change it in UME, CMS and then in some xml-files... that was the moment I decided to do the workaround ).

Regards,

Cornelia