cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limitation in the Association of Ship to Parties against Sold to Party

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a sold to party 110 against which 1000 ship to parties are already assigned in the customer master. When I try to associate the new Ship to party against the said sold to party, the system prompts with this message: There are already 1000 entries.

Is there a way where I can associate more than 1000 Ship to parties against a single Sold to party?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the following links where same issue discussed:-

[]

[]

SEARCH FORUM BEFORE POSTING

Regards

Amitesh Anand

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We came across the same scenario with our client. I will explain it briefly do some research and proceed.

In Standard SAP, we will assign the ship to in sold to master record. When u have more than 1000 ship to for a sold to, Create a sold to party and all ship to parties, then assign the sold to in the ship to master record. Then find out an user exit in sales order process and write a logic to read this data in reverse order.

SAP reads first sold to, then a ship to. In this case we need to read the ship to first and then a sold to... in this way you can create as many ship to as you can and assign the sold to them and proceed with them.

If this requirement is for particular sales org's you can write a logic to read the sales org data first, then check the ship to and sold to combination's.

If you go in this way there is no duplication of sold to party.

Hope this will suit your requirement...

Venkat Cheedalla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The link below explains my scenario perfectly but what is the standard SAP solution of this issue apart from changing the character lenght from 3 to 4 and duplication master data.

The business scenario does not support duplication of Sold to Parties.

To what extent change of character lenght of the field is recommended and what can be the potential repercussion ?

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you do not want to change the field length for your requirement, which is not recommended too; and you do not want to opt for maintaining two Sold to Party code for one Customer, then following options are left:-

1) Do not maintain the Ship To party in Sold To Party and so at the time of Sales Order creation you will not get a pop-up for List of Ship To Party, since you have not assigned any ship to party to your Customer master Data. You have option for giving the Ship To Party manually as per you choice, from F4 help you can select ship to party as per your requirement.

2) Maintain a Z-table for your Sold To and Ship To Party Combination, and through some exit get it populated while creating the Order.

In my opininon, first option is more feasible since even if you maintain more than 1000 ship to party for one Sold To party, User will have to search the particular party while creating an order, and the same you can do without maintaining the ship to party in Sold to party.

Looking forward for your response.

Regards

Amitesh Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi