cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Material Master Foreign Trade View in ERP source system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Regarding removing from all users ability to access foreign trade view in SAP ERP, and not maintaining these fields:

What are the disadvantages if removing this view?

What are the advantages in keeping it?

Is there a way to know what Foreign trade fields in ERP should be removed, as they can never be used by GTS?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sometimes some fields are not used in the ERP and displaying them results in a Warning message saying that the fields are missing, which is why sometimes they are not to be displayed, or if you want to prevent users from overwriting what is filled by the System you may choose to do so.

Mainly all the fields might be used depending on the processes you have activated in GTS, plus the fields that are not used to be displayed in GTS might be used for the transfer BADI to take decisions. Also, fields like for example the Exclusion which is only used for ERP instrastat is not transmitted to GTS but is relevant to decide whether a transaction should be in the GTS Intrastat or not. If you handle Intrastat with GTS that is.

Generally I would leave the fields visible and open. The only one that you might want to restrict is the Origin if you are using Preferential calculation.

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree that you should keep the data visible. If GTS is your system of record for Tariff/Commodity data, then I would consider just turning this field into display only so there is no risk that someone would change the value. You also need to validate if any other programs are pulling from this field (i.e., old Intrastat reporting is still using the Foreign Trade tab so you it may still be relevant to look up the data in this field, especially if you are using the program that sends the commodity # from GTS back to ECC).

Thanks,

Jessica

Answers (0)