cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Form - SMARTFORM Compatible - OTF to PDF Conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement to develop a SMARTFORM compatible adobe form and get the OTF data as output; which will then be converted into PDF. We are able to call the adobe form and get the OTF data as output. But while converting this OTF data into PDF the system is throwing an exception in the function module CONVERT_OTF. The system configuration is expecting a SMARTFORM to be entered here; but we our requirement is to use adobe forms. Any pointers / suggestion to sort this issue is much appreciated.

Note: Unfortunately; we require OTF data first as the conversion of OTF to PDF is performed by standard code assuming it will be always SMARTFORM.

Regards, Kathirvel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The following SAP note provides a solution for using the interface that is compatible with Smart Forms for SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe, using the module CONVERT_OTF to obtain the generated PDF files.

1280877 - CONVERT_OTF: Transferring PDF data

Can you check if this helps you?

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aidan,

Thanks for this information. I did search OSS for NOTES; not sure how I missed this note.

Awarded full points :-).

Regards, Kathirvel

former_member195698
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kathirvel,

Can you please share on how you used CONVERT_OTF function module here.

Thanks,

Abhishek.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Danish
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Kathrivel,

Kindly share how u have converted Adobe form output to OTF.

regards,

danish

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kathirvel,

when you have successfully created the ADOBE form (if it is the first time, then you should start!), you will fiund out that it will be easier to work on the follow-up-process to enable it to take the PDF generated by ADS Adobe Document Server that trying to convert PDF to OTF. I don't know how to achieve this.

OTF to PDF: Easy

PDF to OTF: not possible.

Regards,

Clemens

MarcinPciak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think Niyaz has given correct clue in terms of using spool request to receive the OTF of the called form (of course here Adobe Form not SF).

After having the spool generated you can use one of standard programs:

RSTXPDFT2 or RSTXPDFT4 to get that converted to PDF. Custom conversion is also not a problem. Just use fm CONVERT_OTFSPOOLJOB_2_PDF

Regards

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathirvel,

Try the following logic.

1. call FM FP_JOB_OPEN

2. User FM FP_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME to get the dynmaic FM name of the abode form

3. Call the FM

4. Importing parameter /1bcdwb/formoutput-pdf will have the PDF format

5. call FM FP_JOB_CLOSE

Regards,

Niyaz

former_member208517
Participant
0 Kudos

SMARTFORM pages can be converted into OTF data.

If you want to convert to OTF data, you should created a smartform but not a PDF form.

If you created a PDF form, you can output it directly.