cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is SAP PI 7.1 local AAE still can work if connectivity to central lost ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PI Expert,

I would like to ask whether local adapter engine still can be continue working if connectivit to the central lost ?

my scenario is :

I have installed PI 7.1 with central adapter engine in HQ and installed 2 local adapter engine in another 2 branch office.

the local adapter engine is configure to serve both local integration within the branch and branch to HQ.

is the local integration within the branch still can working if suddently the line to HQ drop ? all local adapter engine installed with local SLD.

Please advise whether this design can be applicable ?

Thank You and Regards

Fernand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this H2G:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/10cf9746-e819-2c10-bd82-97bfbde8214a

The described set-up will enable your AAE to run, even when PI is down.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Thank You for your information. It is very informative and usefull.

After i have gone through the document. Can I have assumption if i have for instance file to file interface within AAE using local processing both sender and receiver is in the same AAE. This interface still can be work normal (including mapping) if the connectivity to central PI drop.

Whenever line up the statistic information will be updated into the central. because this interface doesn't involve central for the processing message.

Please advise ?

Thank You and Best Regards

Fernand

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> After i have gone through the document. Can I have assumption if i have for instance file to file interface within AAE using local processing both sender and receiver is in the same AAE. This interface still can be work normal (including mapping) if the connectivity to central PI drop.

Yes, the Integrated Configuration will still work.

> Whenever line up the statistic information will be updated into the central. because this interface doesn't involve central for the processing message.

I do not understand this. Could you explain what you mean?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

That is just my opinion. I believe it will be some information updated into Central PI once the line up. Eventhough all the message logging will be done locally in AAE.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Regards

Fernand

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi there.

If you use a central SLD, all the systems linked to it will not work

if it fails, just because all the components just like RWB, Adapter Engine,

Integration Directory, Integration Repository, Domain and Integration Server

are registered in the central one.

Also, from the Integration Server, the three associations that is needed (XI Integration

Server Logical Identity, XI Sub-System viewed Application System and XI Contained

Integration Server).

However, if you use local SLD, you should have all the components with

their associations in order to work with the SLD and PI system.

You can check all of that by following note 764176.

Best regards,

Caio Cagnani