Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Determination - Critical Issue

std_team
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

We are using material determination automaticall

The reason for substitution here is non availability of stock of ordered material, because of which system seeks the stock of substitute material.

The way we have configured is: When material is entered in sales ordered, system check stocks of entered material, if available partially provides the available stock & seeks for substitute material, where even if partial stock for substitute material is available, one more line is created for this material.

This line created as a sub item (like in sales BOM). Futher even after seeking substitute the order quantity is not fulfilled one more line is created for the original ordered material with a backorder tick.

The order items look as under:

10 000000000005893343 50.000 EA Cover

11 000000000005893343 9.000 EA Cover

12 000000000005893653 3.000 EA CYLINDER HEAD

13 000000000005893343 38.000 EA Cover

10) is entered item.

11) entered item available stock

12) substitute item available stock

14) unavailable backorder stock for entered item.

At this point of time we can deliver the order items 11 & 12 with further processing.

But later when we upload the stock for entered item, availability check cannot be carried out in the order, since all the items become grey out, when we create first delivery.

This is a very critical issue in our case.

Please suggest soon as possible so that we crack the issue.

With Best Regards

Nate.

p.s. This Question is posted old ago by Dhananjay. But The solution no exist.

(reference)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sidi_reghioui
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

check:

VOV7 - whether field Completion rule is set

VTLA - if Update Document Flow is checked between your sales document and delivery document

regards

sidi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Try to go with value B in outcome column at material substitution reason level in IMG

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Activate the Availability check at delivery level. I remember that, if the availability check happens at delivery level, then the system checks for the availability of the material entered (in sales order) and if the stock is available, then it creates delivery for the main item only. Though I am not sure about this, please try this process.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

After you process 11 and 12, only 13 000000000005893343 38.000 EA Cover, should be available for delivery. You mentioned that the back order is ticked for this item. Where is it ticked?what is the status of this line item please check and post.

Also please check if customer, accepts more than One delivery. XD03 - customer master - Sales area - for fields ATNLF and KZTLF. If they are B / 0 then after first partial delivery, the items will grey out.

Regards

sai

std_team
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Friends.

I have checked VOV7(Completion Rule), VTLA(Copy Control - Update Document Flow), XD03(Customer Master).

That's all ok.

I means later when we upload the stock for entered item, availability check cannot be carried out in the order, since all the items become grey out, when we create first delivery. if i shoud make second delivery, the system display a message like 'No schedule lines due for delivery up to the selected date'.

Regards

Nate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nate,

once the availability check carried out, then u recieved goods of that item. So u need to carry the availbility check manually before creating delivery to the same order. for this goto va02 select the pending line and click on item availabilty.now systen takes u to availability screen, continue and save the sales order. now you will be able to do delivery.

Hope ur problem resolved.....

std_team
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Friend.

Thank you for your help.

All the items become grey out after we create first delivery.

So i should be just click on item availabilty, but it doesn't run.

<Step>

1. Material determiantion setting : A(highItem) - A(subitem) - B(subitem)

2. Material stock A : 10 ea, B: 10ea

3. Sales Order Creation : Material A 25 ea -> A 10 ea Confirmation, B 10 ea Confirmation and 5 ea Open, S/O No. QQQQ

4. Deivery Creation : Material A 10 ea , Material B 10 ea Delivery, G/I and Billing

5. Material B 5 ea supplement

6. Sales Order QQQQ Material B : re ATP carry out. But Don't run. All the Items become grey out.

Regards

nate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

checking the field "Min.quantity delivery" in the MMR

thanks

std_team
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear.

What's MMR?

Thank u .

Regard.

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear

MMR is material master record.AND asking you: the material that was delivered first included material B? If not,Please check the item category group in MMR and check the corresponding item category.

Hope that will help

thanks

std_team
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear.

Thank you for your help.

I have checked the field "Min.quantity delivery" in the MMR. But it is Ok.

I don't know the reason. ㅜㅜ;;

Thanks.

Regard,

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear

checking the status of the header and item in the sales order.find wether there is any block and rejection or not

Hope that will help you

Jeffrey

std_team
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear.

Thank you for your help.

I have checked it. But it isn't a solution. Sorry.

I suppose this solutiion is to set IMG of material determination. Just suppose.

But i have done all what i can do. i don't know . Help me please..

Thanks.

Regard.

Edited by: STD Team on Jun 1, 2010 6:00 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

Is the subsititueB in the valid period? and the date is in valid peroid of the pricing record?

Hope that will help you

Regards