cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item number controlled in the billing document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I had a question about the item number in the SD billing document. The billing is delivery related and in the cpoy control (transaction code:VTFL), The function 'Copy item number' is indicated. Then as per the configuration, the billing item number should copy the delivery item number. But now it copy the sales order item number. The case is that SO has only one item,number is 20. Delivery has one item number 10. Billing has the item number 10. Any one can tell me that why the billing item number is not the delivery number? Or any user exit is used to change the item number to copy SO item number?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to VOFA & as per the Billing Type check the Item no.increment Field.Here it would be 10 only.SO whenever you will create Invoice , the Item Number will start from 10 only.

You can change accordingly as per the requirements.Else you can get the same Delivery Number in VTFL settings at Header Level > Copy Item Number.

Best Regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry my mistake that now the billing item number is 20 which is the same with the SO item number,but as per the VTFL configuration,I think it should copy the delivery item number. And actually the VOFA billing type setup, the 'Item no.increment' is 0. Then I think maybe there is user exit used here. Do you know which may be the user exit?

Thanks

Jimmy

Former Member
0 Kudos

In copy control settings at Header Level , Copying Requirements should be 003 Header/dlv.-related.As might be some logic has been added in the existing Routine or have changed the Routine.

Best Regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Thanks! But there is no special logic added at the header level or item level.

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

the propose of flag 'Copy item number' is to copy the sales order item number inot the billing item. No maTter if the billing document is delivery-related or order-related.

This is expected system behaviour.

Best regards,

Ivano.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is no item no control in billing document , you can see the customisation of billing document that there is no item no increment in any of the billing type. but it is maintained in delevery and order type. Also system maintain the document flow on the basis of sales order item.

thanks