Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in coding mask

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

In my project i am getting a problem related to coding mask. I have configured the coding mask as per client requirement but t he problem is, when i am creating a project with reference to template than system is not able to copy the wbs element with project definition it means if i am creating a new project than i will put project definition x-xx01 now first level wbs also x-xx01 as per first project no problem because in template also same thing there so system copies and create first project but when i create second project that time i will search for available project definition and result will be x-xx02 that is ok now when i press create button system is not able to put first wbs as x-xx02 and it is taking x-xx01 which is already created in first project because of that whenever i create new project i need to replace the wbs. Kindly suggest me where config is wrong bccause before also i have worked on same and system was able to change the wbs with project definition. Kindly help me on this.

Regards

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Abhisek,

Please check out the following:

In transaction OPSA; select your Project Profile and check te box "Only One Root"

(ii) In transaction OPSK; Enter a character in the "ANo" (last box)

This should solve our problem.

Regards

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not think ANo entry is necessary

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad and Virendra,

Thanks for reply but i tried with both setting, still i am getting the same problem. I hope you understand my problem. its like when i am using template to create project i will search project difnitions(Next available number) and create the project system is going ahead but when system is copying the data from template its taking the same WBS number which is in template for example if in template first wbs is wbs-0001 than system is taking the same wbs in operative project also even though project difinition is 0004 because 0001 project is already created so when i create second project system is copying the same WBS number from the template again and becauae of that every time i need to replace my WBS number. I hope you understand the issue.

Lot of thanks in advance. Kindly help me in this.

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess you try WBS Element overview while creating a project, replace the wbs element number with new number.

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SAP PS,

Thanks for reply, but still my problem is not slove it means its cumpulsory that every time you create a new project fro tim template every time you need to replace WBS numbers in the project.

Kindly help me in this as i just want when i search available project definition number system should take thefirst wbs also same.

Regards

Abhishek Sinha

atul_rajmane
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

Whenever you create a Project with referance to a Template, you need to replace the WBS Numbering with New Number i.e. with New Project Defination using Replace Function.

regards,

Atul R. Rajmane

shubham_kiyawat
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I think answer given by Atul is correct. Whenever you create project with reference to template you need to replace the WBS nomenclature with new one, as it always takes WBS nomenclature from the template.

If you will select all WBS and then press replace then it will change at all levels, else only selected ones.

Check and confirm whether your problem got resolved or not.

Thanks

Shubham