cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

subcontracting and CPFR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can use subcontracting in SNP as well as in PPDS. Is there any benefit in using one over the other ?

Also if we have multiple outlets defined as storage location then can we implement CPFR to support VMI at the storage location level ? Or is CPFR implemented only at the plant level ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

GS,

I totally agree with Datta. I have also seen PPDS and SNP implementation of subcontracting, and PPDS seems to be more seamless and accurate as compared to SNP. SNP looks like a more of quick and dirty solution. So if your intention is to just do a rough cut planning to plan for vendor loads, bottlenecks etc and come up with a mid term S&OP, then yoiu can sue SNP as well. For short term I would go for PPDS.

Again, thats just my opinion.

Cheers!

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

can someone answer my question on CPFR ?

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have used subcontracting in PPDS extensively and recently in SNP. I found subcontracting in PPDS much better with lesser problems( may be , because SNP subcontracting is introduced recently).

In SNP, the heuristic-based and optimization-based planning approaches are available for the subcontracting process. The planning procedures deployment, transport load building (TLB), and capacity leveling are not possible.

Regards

Datta