Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TMS configuration problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have the following problem:

I have to make a system copy where the target system (destination) is the Transport Domain Controller (STMS) which should remain as it is.

I would like to ask you if there is a way the Transport Domain Controller can be protected or be restored after the Database Restore?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Noemi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Wim,

Thank you for your answer.

This should have been the solution for my problem, but, unfortunately, there is no other system in this landscape which has release 4.6C as the Domain Controller (the other systems have release ECC 6.0) .

Do you know, is there a solution for this?

Thank you,

Noemi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Why don't you use two of your ECC 6.0 systems as domain controller and backup domain controller.

We always use our productive Solution Manager as active domain controller for the complete landscape (100 SIDs) because this instance is never restored based on another system.

As backup domain controller we use our development instance of Solution Manager.

We sometimes switch the domain controllers but only in the case when we apply patches to the Solution Manager.

Wim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Wim, that was the solution.

Noemi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

What you should do is configuring a backup domain controller in TMS.

Before you restore your current system which is the domain controller for the moment, make the backup domain controller the active domain controller.

After you have performed your system refresh you can redistribute your TMS again and eventually switch the domain controllers again.

Be carefull you read the prerequisites (active domain controller and backup domain controller are two different systems but they should have the same release) for the backup domain controller.

More info can be found in the SAP's online help about TMS.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/ES/44/b4a10f7acc11d1899e0000e829fbbd/content.htm|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/ES/44/b4a10f7acc11d1899e0000e829fbbd/content.htm]

Wim