Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Distribution and Workflow

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am briefing my understanding about Docuemnt distribution.

We can send mails to various recepients internal / external as per prescribed format . In this one we can send Original files also. We can set automatic or can be done manually for distribution. This is only for information purpose.

My requirement is I need to send documents for different people for taking decision like reviewing or approving. After changing the status of DIR for a Doc. type. System should trigger a mail (information along with link) to user MS outlook along with a decision step in SAP inbox. When user clicks MS outlook link it will direct to SAP. After entering user ID & password it will take u to SAP in Inbox. or user can directly go to SAP Inbox can see the work items. He can take decision for review / reject / approve statuses accordingly status of the DIR will change.

Is the above scenario possible in Document distribution or need to be done thru Workflow only.

Since SAP has done many developments for Document distribution, I am thinking without much development of workflow we can use this functionality.

Thanx & Regards,

Sai Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

This is done thru workflow. when the status will chnage the relevant user (releaser/approver) will receive the mail in his MS outlook and from there he will give the decision and the status will be updated automatically in SAP DMS. This is achived thru workflow( example: Agents). Take help from abap consultant and develop the workflow as per your status network.

and mails will be triggered to concerns and they will approve from outlook.

Distribution as i know is maual process.

I hope this will resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

I am already discussing with Workflow consultant and with development we can do it.

I am exploring the possibility of using Document distribution, so that with less development can be done.

Sending mails some times it is manual also, i.e. some times we need to choose agents / users / external email ID manuaaly and some times it can go on pre defined agents / users.

Regards,

Sai Krishna

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We need to do with workflow only as per my scenario.

Regards,

Sai Krishna